1. Ability to work unique hours - days, nights, weekends and holidays.
2. Ability to work well with diverse employee groups.
3. Ability to read, write and follow written and oral instructions in English.
4. Ability to lift and carry loads approximately 75 lbs.
5. Knowledge of working with hand tools, scrubbing machines and pallet jacks.
6. Ability to work in setting requiring frequent walking, standing, climbing, stooping, heavy lifting and carrying.
7. Ability to work in setting requiring working outside and indoors, on slippery or uneven walking surfaces and ladders.
8. Ability to work in setting with exposure to hot and cold temperatures, dust, cleaning chemicals and materials.TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
260 days SALARY/PAYGRADE:
Additional $1.00 per hour flex pay will be added to salary.
Salary (based on verifiable job-related experience) as set by the Board of Trustees for the school year 2019-2020ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Remove trash from assigned areas and dispose in compliance with approved guidelines.
2. Clean all areas of building including meeting rooms, restrooms, stadium, arena, and common areas.
3. Vacuum, spot and shampoo carpets as directed.
4. Sweep, mop, scrub, strip, refinish and buff hard surface floors as directed.
5. Assist the Berry Center Building Services Crew and or the Food and Beverage Department in the set-up and or tear down as needed, including but not limited to staging equipment, basketball floor, arena football turf, meeting room furniture (chairs, tables, carts) concourse set-ups, dressing rooms and other event-related equipment, banquet tables or table place settings.
6. Work under the direction of an assigned project supervisor.
7. Open and close building as directed.
8. Move furniture or equipment within building as directed.
9. Move, unpack and stock supplies as directed.
10. Perform other duties as required by supervisors.
11. Maintain regular and reliable attendance.WORKING CONDITIONS: Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Frequent walking, standing, climbing, and heavy lifting and carrying of approximately 75 lbs. Work outside and inside, on slippery or uneven walking surfaces, and ladders. Exposure to hot and cold temperatures, dust, toxic chemicals and materials.
Tools/Equipment Used: Buffer, stripper, wet and dry vacuum cleaner, electric drill, hand tools, and shampooer. APPLICATION INFORMATION:
Email: [email protected] DEADLINE TO APPLY:
Applications taken year round
Applying for this posting places your name in a pool of applicants who wish to be considered for this position as it becomes available
Applications will be reviewed
Not all applicants will be interviewed
Hiring Managers may choose to email you regarding this application. Please monitor your email regularly for any communication.
Job Category: Support Staff > Custodian Contact Information