The following vacancy exists in Goshen Community Schools for the 2019-20 school year:Model Elementary School School Nutrition Staff POSITION PURPOSE:
Under the direction of a Building School Nutrition Manager, prepare and cook a wide variety of foods following standard recipes to achieve required taste and appearance standards; assist in other food service areas.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Assist in storing unused food and supplies.
- Maintain and operate food service equipment (ovens, grills, steam table, cash register, and other cafeteria equipment) and areas in a clean and sanitary condition.
- Operate standard kitchen equipment safely and efficiently.
- Observe health and safety regulations.
- Meet schedules and time lines.
- Prepare and serve food in accordance with health and sanitation regulations.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of methods of cooking, preparing and serving food in large quantities.
- Knowledge of serve or assist in serving children during lunch and/or breakfast.
- Knowledge of sanitation and safety practices related to cooking and serving food.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Any combination equivalent to: sufficient training and experience to demonstrate the knowledge and abilities listed above and two years' experience in quantity food preparation.
- Basic record-keeping techniques.
- Basic math and cashiering skills; Add, subtract, multiply and divide quickly and accurately.
- Verbal communication skills; understand and follow oral and written directions.
- Work independently with little direction.
182 days per year; 35 hours per week; 7:00am - 2:00pm SALARY:
$12.50-$14.10, rate is dependent upon education and/or experience. BENEFITS:
Eligibility is based upon hours worked and can be reviewed during your interview.Benefit information can be found online at https://www.goshenschools.org/hr/benefits APPLICATION PROCESS:
In order to be considered for an interview, all applicants must have completed their on-line application at https://goshenschools.tedk12.com/hire
Current GCS employees should click on the Internal link at the top of the page.
Please attach the following to your application:
- Letter of interest
- Up-to-date resume
- Three current letters of reference
For questions regarding this position please contact:
School Nutrition Director
613 E Purl St
Goshen, IN 46526 [email protected]
The Goshen Community School's Board of School Trustees is an equal opportunity employer. Selection of the applicant will be made without reference to race, color, creed, sex, age, handicap, or national origin.
THE CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIVING APPLICATIONS IS: Until Filled Contact Information
- Sarah Deegan
- 613 East Purl Street
- Goshen, Indiana 46526