Have you thought about pursuing a career working with children? Would you like a flexible schedule that could work around your already busy lifestyle? How important is having nights and weekends off? Springfield Public Schools has exactly what you are looking for. We are seeking outstanding candidates for the position of Substitute Educational Assistant to work within the hours of M-F 7:30am-3:30pm; shifts range from 3 hpd to 7.75 hpd. Substitute Educational Assistants work on-call or can plan their schedule in advance with our state-of-the-art software, AESOP.
Successful candidates will possess the following qualifications that support our district vision "Every Student a Graduate Prepared for a Bright and Successful Future" :
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff, students and parents
- Able to take initiative and use good judgment
- Ability to work be flexible and adaptable to different learning environments
- Ability to understand and execute oral and written instructions, policies and procedures
- Ability to meet federal requirement pertaining to reading, writing and mathematics (proof of Associates degree or higher, or ability to pass the academic assessment offered by the District)
- Knowledge of clerical and office procedures and equipment (occasionally answer phones, provide customer service, make copies, etc.)
- Ability and commitment to practice cultural competency and demonstrate respect for diversity
- Bilingual/bi-cultural individuals are encouraged to apply
Substitute Educational Assistants can be an ideal way to supplement your income while setting your own schedule. By joining our team at Springfield Public Schools you can help make a difference in a young person's life. You will have the opportunity to inspire our students and watch them grow. Join us and apply today!
Job Categories: Instructional Support > Substitute
Instructional Support > Paraprofessional / IA Contact Information
- Human Resources, HR
- 640 A Street
- Springfield, Oregon 97477