The School District of Philadelphia is hiring part-time Bus Drivers (Chauffeurs) for the 2019-2020 school year! Bus Drivers play a critical role in supporting students on their journeys to and from school. Join us today- They Need You!Summary:
Operates a school bus for the School District of Philadelphia. Provides transportation to students, on regularly scheduled route, to and from school sites during the school day and after school hours, and on school-sponsored field trips. Provides transportation to School District employees from and to selected work sites. Functions:
- Drives school buses to a number of assigned routes, picking up and discharging students at designated location; transports students on field trips.
- Supervises or assists in the supervision of students' behavior while on the bus.
- Cleans and maintains vehicles; may assist transportation mechanics in the daily maintenance of buses which may include checking batteries, radiators and changing tires.
Must pass the required school bus physical in order to be considered for the training class. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High School Diploma or equivalent;
- Must be 21 years of age;
- Class "A" or "B" Commercial Driver's License (CDL) issued by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania with a passenger and a school bus endorsement and the removal of the air brake restriction, as a condition of employment. The School District offers a training class to help applicants obtain an CDL before they are hired.
Demonstrated knowledge of:
- the traffic laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- the skill necessary to operate a motor vehicle having an automatic transmission.
Demonstrated ability to:
- operate a vehicle safely and efficiently.
- perform light manual tasks if required by work assignment.
- carry out written and oral instructions.
- maintain effective working relationships.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
- Position Type: Not provided
Job Category: Support Staff > Transportation Contact Information
- Office of Talent
- 440 N. Broad Street
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19130