Are you looking for a rewarding career working with children? Have you thought about pursuing a career as a bus driver, but didn't think you were qualified because you don't have a commercial drivers license? Did you know that you don't have to have a commercial driver's license (CDL) to apply for a bus driver position? And how important is having nights and weekends off? Springfield Public Schools is now accepting applications for outstanding candidates for the position of school bus drivers to work split shifts for hours of M-F 6:00am to 9:00am (approximately) and 1:30pm to 4:30pm (approximately). Candidates who have a current drivers license don't have a CDL will have the opportunity to be trained and obtain a CDL.
Springfield Public Schools seeks outstanding candidates for the position of Bus Driver
. The primary function of the position is in support of our District vision "Every Student a Graduate Prepared for a Bright and Successful Future "
by safely transporting students to and from designated locations including school, activities and field trips.
Successful candidates will possess the following:
- Required licenses and certificates OR the ability to obtain them within District time frames. These include:
1. Valid State of Oregon Commercial Drivers License (CDL)
2. Medical Examiner's Certificate
3. Oregon Department of Education (ODE) Pupil Transportation Certificate
4. Valid First Aid/CPR Card
- Ability to drive vans and buses
- Knowledge of immediate geographic area
- Ability to work with students in a supervisory, supportive and positive capacity
- Desire and ability to work a split shift
- Ability to understand and execute verbal and written instructions, policies and procedures
- Strong, but appropriate, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability and committment to practice cultural competency and demonstrate respect for diversity.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with students, staff and parents using tact, courtesy and good judgment,often in difficult and stressful situations
- Must enjoy children of all ages
- Bilingual/Bi-Cultural individuals encouraged to apply
- Must be available for driver training and/or testing prior to beginning the position
NOTICE TO CANDIDATES:
- If Candidates do not have a current CDL, they will be required to obtain a CDL permit within ten (10) working days of job offer.
- All candidates will be paid $11.25 per hour until all required licenses, certificates and training is complete. CDL Licensed candidates and employees will be Range 9 $16.28 - $21.07 depending on experience.
Job Category: Support Staff > Transportation Contact Information
- Human Resources, HR
- 640 A Street
- Springfield, Oregon 97477