SUMMARY: Lead and manage kitchen in either a high school or middle school, including all aspects of ordering, food preparation and serving, personnel management, scheduling and training. Develop and promote good customer relations by responding to comments and complaints regarding Nutrition Services in a timely manner. Promote and maintain good relationships with the school staff, nutrition support staff and community. Monitor and assure compliance to Health Department Standards, all safety procedures, and department policies and procedures. Support, comply with and displays knowledge of all applicable federal and state regulations. Monitor revenues and expenditures to meet district financial expectations. May direct breakfast, supper, fresh fruit and vegetable and snack programs. Display exceptional customer service skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Schedule, supervise, direct, monitor and assist assigned personnel with timely and accurate preparation and serving of high quality, safe menu items, cashiering and cleanup in assigned school. Give and document performance feedback throughout the school year and completes performance evaluations appropriate for all subordinate personnel, including substitutes.
2. Monitor and assure compliance with Health Department standards, all safety procedures, departmental policies and procedures, including Nutrition Services SOPs and employee expectations, and all applicable state and federal regulations in assigned school. Ensure temperatures are being taken according to Nutrition Services SOP. Prepare menu worksheets and ensures they are accurately completed on a daily basis.
3. Maintain reasonable inventory of supplies through accurate ordering, receiving, storage, and rotation of stock at assigned school.
4. Accurately maintain and review all kitchen budgets and financial records, including deposits, profit and loss reports, inventories, P-card procedures, Fusion reports, MPLH reports, assorted forms and other reports of assigned school. Ensure compliance and review employees time and attendance for accuracy with payroll. Attend department meetings and satisfies department, state, and federal continuing education requirements.
5. Deliver and document orientation and on-the-job training in assigned school to all subordinate kitchen personnel, including substitutes.
6. Coordinate and resolve issues with principals, school staff, parents and Nutrition Services central office.
7. Assist with the Free and Reduced application process at assigned school. Assure confidentiality of private information.
8. Follow menus, special menus, meal promotions and marketing plans. Also develop, organizes and successfully conducts school-specific promotions throughout the school year.
9. Follow special dietary needs procedure and adheres to special diets as directed.
10. Perform other job related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
? High school diploma or equivalent.
? Recommended attendance at the Colorado Department of Education (CDE) summer workshop every five years.
? Recommend membership in School Nutrition Association and Colorado School Nutrition Association.
? Three (3) years? experience in a large volume food service operation.
? More than two years as an Assistant Kitchen Manager preferred.
? Nutrition Services or other food service management training preferred.
? Recommend to attend Colorado School Nutrition Association annual conference every two years.
? Ability to successfully complete a pre-hire, post-offer, physical examination.
? Must complete the district courses ?Progressive Discipline,? and ?Classified Evaluation System? within one year of entering position.
? Must be a minimum of 18 years old.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
? Criminal background check required for hire.
? Valid Colorado driver?s license or ability to frequently travel among district facilities.
? Must obtain, and thereafter maintain, a department approved food safety training program within 6 months of hire.
? Must meet minimum national professional standards and training requirements for school nutrition professionals who manage and operate the National School Lunch and School Breakfast Programs (currently 12 hours for Kitchen Managers).
Salary placement on our Classified Salary schedule is dependent on the Grade for the position being posted and employees' previous work experience. "Grade" refers to position or job classification and "Step" refers to number of work experience credit or service years. Initial placement will be at the Grade for the position step 1.
Employees regularly scheduled to work twenty (20) hours per week or more are eligible to receive the district contribution towards insurance benefits as defined in the Classified Master Agreement Article 11.3, 11.4, and 11.5 and are eligible for benefits described within this article. Employees regularly scheduled to work less than twenty (20) hours per week, or employees whose employment is temporary, are not eligible for benefits described within this article. Please refer to the Classified Master Agreement for more information.
THIS POSTING IS NOT INCLUSIVE OF THE JOB DESCRIPTION.
All applicants (current district employees and external applicants) should list any and all work experience, including current district experience, when completing the employment application. Please include job titles and duties that you held while doing that job. Since the Human Resource department uses the application to screen for minimum qualifications required for each job, it is important to have a complete application so you will be considered for the position you are applying for.
Job Categories: Administrator > Director/Coordinator/Manager
Support Staff > Food Service Contact Information
- Nicole Stone
- 1500 E 128TH AVE
- Thornton, Colorado 80241