This job is posted as open until filled. However, applicants may not be considered after the minimum required posted timeline, after midnight on
Tuesday, July 23, 2019.
SUMMARY: Responsible for assisting, monitoring, evaluating, documenting and reporting on student progress in the use of various computer software and hardware in a laboratory environment in close cooperation with the classroom teacher. Schedules lab time for groups of students or individuals. Installs, monitors and maintains various types of software, hardware, LAN equipment and related supplies within classroom computer lab.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Assists student and instructional staff with basics of computer hardware, software, keyboarding and word processing. Monitors students while in computer lab and ensures proper usage of unit and programs. Answers student and staff questions and assists in learning process of different systems and programs.
2. Installs and maintains hardware/software for instructional computers/peripherals. Troubleshoots computer lab software and minor hardware problems; calls for technical repairs when necessary, ensures proper working order on all computer equipment and software by performing daily maintenance reviews. Sets up preventative maintenance schedule for instructional computers.
3. Prepares computer labs for classes by installing proper programs, sets up appropriate classroom setting by moving computers and equipment to fit instructors? needs. Maintains inventory and appropriate supply level of computer-related items. May assist instructors with preparation of computer information. This may include copying and distributing to students and faculty. Initiates supply orders.
4. Schedules lab time for classes and individual student lab time. Monitors students with time-limited projects as requested by instructor.
5. Attends meetings and performs other job-related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
? High School Diploma or equivalent.
? Minimum of 1 year of experience in the use of various hardware, software and peripherals, preferred.
? Prefer experience in an educational environment.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
? Criminal background check required for hire.
Salary placement on our Classified Salary schedule is dependent on the Grade for the position being posted and employees' previous work experience. "Grade" refers to position or job classification and "Step" refers to number of work experience credit or service years. Initial placement will be at the Grade for the position step 1.
Employees regularly scheduled to work twenty (20) hours per week or more are eligible to receive the district contribution towards insurance benefits as defined in the Classified Master Agreement Article 11.3, 11.4, and 11.5 and are eligible for benefits described within this article. Employees regularly scheduled to work less than twenty (20) hours per week, or employees
whose employment is temporary, are not eligible for benefits described within this article. Please refer to the Classified Master Agreement for more information.
THIS POSTING IS NOT INCLUSIVE OF THE JOB DESCRIPTION.
All applicants (current district employees and external applicants) should list any and all work experience, including current district experience, when completing the employment application. Please include job titles and duties that you held while doing that job. Since the Human Resource department uses the application to screen for minimum qualifications required for each job, it is important to have a complete application so you will be considered for the position you are applying for.
Job Categories: Instructional Support > Paraprofessional / IA
Support Staff > Computer Support
Support Staff > Network Services Contact Information
- Nicole Stone
- 1500 E 128TH AVE
- Thornton, Colorado 80241