Position is responsible for assisting the head coach with organizing the Field Hockey program at the assigned school. Position assists with conducting practices, motivating students, and instructing student athletes in game strategies and techniques. Essential Duties
1. Assists the head Field Hockey coach with instructing players in the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport.
2. Organizes and directs individual and small group practice activities/exercises as directed by the head Field Hockey coach.
3. Assesses player's skills, monitors players during competition and practice, and keeps the head Field Hockey coach informed of the athletic performance of students.
4. Assists with determining game strategy.
5. Assists the head Field Hockey coach with supervising athletes during practices and
6. Follows established procedures in the event of an athlete's injury.
7. Models sports-like behavior and maintains appropriate conduct towards players, officials, and spectators.
8. Maintains the equipment room in orderly condition and assumes responsibility for its security.
9. Distributes equipment, supplies, and uniforms to students as directed by the head coach.
10. Assists the head Field Hockey coach with submitting a list of award winners at the end of the season.
11. Participates in special activities to include parent's night, banquets, award nights, and pep assemblies.
12. Performs support tasks such as distributing and maintaining eligibility forms, emergency data cards, and other related records.
13. Models nondiscriminatory practices in all activities.Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities Required)
Lead teachers and employees contracted with NNPS in a non-exempt position are not permitted to coach any sport. Some experience as an assistant Field Hockey coach at the high school or college level preferred. Must possess effective coaching techniques and skills. Must possess some knowledge of the rules, regulations, strategies, and techniques of the sport. Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with school administrators, parents, and
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The Assistant Coach will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other related duties as assigned by the Head Field Hockey Coach, Athletic Director & Principal or appropriate administrator. Newport News Public Schools reserves the right to update, revise or change this job description and related duties at any time.
To review the complete job description, please visit the following link: http://www.nnschools.org/hr/jobs/descriptions/Asst_Field_Hockey_Coach.pdf
Job Category: Athletics & Activities > Coaching Equal Opportunity Employer
0 Contact Information
- Leslie Rogers, Human Resource Supervisor
- 12507 Warwick Boulevard
- Newport News, Virginia 23606