Position is responsible for coaching administrators and instructional staff to better understand, interpret, and integrate instructional data in support of school and division academic progress while closing the disparity gap. The specialist will provide leadership and assistance to schools in planning, designing and improving the instructional program through data analysis, as well as providing data support services to central office, schools and students. The specialist will also have an integral role in the maintenance of the various assessment and data support systems, and in the collection, analysis, and distribution of instructional accountability data. Essential Duties
(These are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.)
Provide support and training to NNPS instructional staff on the use of accountability tools and reports.Collaborate with instructional supervisors, administrators, teachers, and school leadership teams to analyze data relevant to plans for addressing areas of academic strength and weakness.Assist with the maintenance and implementation of the various data and analysis systems utilized for school improvement.Assist in the collection, organization, interpretation, and reporting of division wide benchmark data.Work with schools and central office to interpret, plan, collect, analyze, and communicate data and other information to a wide variety of constituents throughout the school division.Collaborate with other departments on matters of assessment and academic progress.Assist in the development and maintenance of data structures and systems to support school reporting.Interpret and report on statistical data relevant to varied audiences. Model nondiscriminatory practices in all activities. Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities Required)
- Must possess a Bachelor's degree or higher and a Virginia Collegiate Professional, Post Graduate Professional, or non-Virginia equivalent teaching license.
- Must possess a minimum of four years of classroom teaching experience within the range of Pre-Kindergarten to 12 th grade.
- Must possess teacher leadership experience and administrative experience is preferred.
- Must possess experience coaching or training adult learners.
- Must possess an in-depth knowledge of spreadsheet and database tools (e.g. Microsoft Excel and Access) relevant to data collection, assembly, analysis, and presentation.
- Experience with web-based data collection and reporting systems a plus.
- Must possess the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
For a complete job description visit http://sbo.nn.k12.va.us/hr/jobs/descriptions/Data_Specialist.pdf
Job Category: State-level Positions > Specialist Equal Opportunity Employer
0 Contact Information
- Leslie Rogers, Human Resource Supervisor
- 12507 Warwick Boulevard
- Newport News, Virginia 23606