Posting Starting: August 2020 POSITION TITLE: Paraprofessional - InstructionalQUALIFICATIONS
• An Associate's degree, OR completion of 48 semester hours or 72 quarter hours at an institution of higher learning, OR demonstrated proficiency in the ability to assist in the instruction of reading, writing and mathematics via state or locally approved competency test.
• Evidence of good mental and physical health.
• Dependable with good work attendance record.
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds.OTHER INFORMATION
Reports to: Building Principal
Work Schedule: 183 days per year
Salary Schedule: $12.03 per hour, Based on Step 1 of the 2019/20 Salary Schedule
Hours to Work: 7.0 hours per day, Monday - FridayRESPONSIBILITIES
• Ability to work with and meet individual needs of students as directed by professional staff.
• Ability to perform as a team member.
• Ability to work under specialist's/teacher's direction
• Ability to be actively engaged in learning experiences with students.
• Ability to perform routine classroom management and maintenance duties.
• Other duties as assigned.
NOTE: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Job Categories: Instructional Support > Individual Aide
Instructional Support > Paraprofessional / IA Welcome to Omaha Public Schools!
WHY OMAHA? Omaha, nestled in the central mid-west has a strong and vibrant business community and the city is home to five Fortune 500 companies. In 2008, Kiplinger's Personal Finance magazine named Omaha the nation's third best city to live, work and play. One voice united for strong economic growth, new jobs and investment, and widespread prosperity throughout Greater Omaha. GET TO KNOW GREATER OMAHA Welcome to a proud, progressive and vibrant metropolitan area, a nine-county region that is future-focused but firmly rooted in a heritage of hard work and hospitality. Anchored by the city of Omaha and its more than 419,000 people, the Greater Omaha region (Cass, Dodge, Douglas, Sarpy, Saunders and Washington counties in Nebraska, and Harrison, Mills and Pottawattamie counties in Iowa) boasts a combined population of more than 925,000 and a set of attributes that allows businesses large and small to thrive! Consider our top 10 reasons Greater Omaha is right for your business and you! 1.Lower cost of doing business 2.Available, reliable utilities 3.Educated, motivated and affordable workforce 4.Save on real estate costs 5.Lower cost of living 6.Omaha is the hub of the nation's fiber connectivity 7.Pro-business climate 8.Strategic, central location 9.Stable, healthy economy 10.Business incentives that reward performance Take a look at what Omaha has to offer! Learn more about us...Contact Information
- OPS Human Resources
- 3215 Cuming Street
- Omaha, Nebraska 68131-2021