This is a probationary position only for any external candidate. Internal Adams 12 candidates are encouraged to apply and the district will follow the transfer language as outlined in Article 12 of the Certified Master Agreement. Current Adams 12 educators, with questions about the transfer process or their status may contact Human Resources or your building administrator.
SUMMARY: Provide a range of services for students who demonstrate difficulties with learning, academic achievement, social/emotional functioning, and behavior. Serve as a psycho-educational service provider involved in proactive, preventative activities, as well as responding to identified concerns. Provide services based on a combination of problem-solving, consultative, and direct service models.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop individual, group or system level interventions which improve identified problems or concerns, including academic, social / emotional / behavioral / mental health needs as they relate to educational progress.
- Uses research-based and technically sound practices to drive decision-making and interventions; and collaborates with school personnel and parents in order to develop and modify student intervention strategies.
- Facilitates functional assessment of behavior (FBA) and designs/implements and progress monitors intervention plans.
- Conducts, interprets and implements student assessment which includes record review, interview, observation, and standardized assessment.
- Administers and interprets norm-referenced and curriculum-based edumetric and psychological assessment measures.
- Participates in team-based follow-up activities to review student progress, analyze data, and modify individual interventions.
- Reviews school-wide assessment data to assist building staff(s) in interpreting and designing school-wide interventions.
- Serve as liaison among district building(s), families and community and collaborates with various teams to assure positive outcomes for all learners.
- Participate in interdisciplinary staffings to determine the eligibility, appropriate planning, and re-evaluation for students who require special education services/programs.
- Comply with Student Support Services and district policies and procedures (e.g., Medicaid billing, accident reporting).
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor?s degree or higher.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years old.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
- Criminal background check required for hire.
- Must possess, or be able to obtain from, or be in process with, the Colorado Department of Education (CDE) for a valid Colorado Educator License within 30 days of hire.
- Must possess the required license and endorsement. If highly qualified by content test or semester hours, with no endorsement: applicant must posses a Colorado educator license license with a passing score on a CDE approved content test or 24 semester hours in specific core content classes as determined by Human Resources.
Job Category: Student Services > Social Worker Contact Information
- Nicole Stone
- 1500 E 128TH AVE
- Thornton, Colorado 80241