Urbana School District #116TITLE:
USD #116 Elementary School Building, to be determinedSUPERVISOR:
This position reports directly to the Director of ASCCP/BSCCP and is supervised on a daily basis by the Site Coordinator at each respective location JOB SUMMARY:
The program staff shall consist of highly-trained individuals who are able to deal with the everyday needs and interests of young children and, at the same time, provide a close relationship in the areas of understanding, motivation, and self-discipline in a group setting. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily.
- Provide close supervision at all times creating a safe environment.
- Maintain discipline and enforce rules using appropriate methods.
- Plan and lead various daily activities which contribute to each child's physical, intellectual, personal, emotional, and social development.
- Submit activity plans and supply lists in advance to the Site Coordinator on a scheduled basis.
- Clean activity areas and put away all materials after each activity.
- Complete daily reports thoroughly and submit these to the Site Coordinator at the end of each day.
- Notify the Site Coordinator immediately if a child is ill, injured, or missing.
- Attend all Site staff meetings, trainings and special events.
- Maintain a positive relationship with children, staff and parents.
- Participate in activities leading to professional growth in school-age child care.
- Be responsible for the inventory and organization of assigned program area.
- Be familiar with all participants and their families, and cognizant of any other individuals so as to provide a secure environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or Equivalent
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Experience working with elementary school youth in a recreational setting
- College coursework in Recreation, K-12 Education, Early Childhood, Physical Education, or related field
- Credential in School-Age & Youth Development or Early Childhood Education
3.25 hours per day (2:45pm-6:00pm) START DATE:
This is not a position within the collective bargaining unit and is not an administrative position.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYERREVISED:
Job Category: Athletics & Activities > After School Programs Contact Information
- Larry Simmons
- 205 North Race Street
- Urbana, Illinois 61801