SUMMARY: Assists site director and leaders to lead and supervise children in various programs (BASE Program, Bright Horizons, Preschool, and 21st Century Community Learning Center) during child care, education, and recreational activities and during field trips. Duties include providing direction, guidance and assistance to students; effectively handling student discipline situations; ensuring student safety and security; communicating with parents, staff, teachers, site director and site leader; opening, closing and securing school building; preparing snacks; may provide infant and child care including feeding and diapering; cleaning classroom areas; recording attendance; assisting sick or injured students; and creating new activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Assist site directors and or leaders to care for, supervise, guide and assist students during child care, crafts, art projects, games and other educational activities to provide developmental stimulation and meet the children?s needs. Monitor student behavior during activities, effectively handle student discipline situations and encourage and support positive behavior.
2. Assist site directors and leaders to observe the children and monitor the security of the building at all times to ensure the children?s health and safety. Distribute medicine to students as directed and provide general First Aid when needed. May provide infant and child care including diapering, cleaning and feeding as necessary or appropriate.
3. Assist with creating interesting activities that ensure participation of students.
4. Assist site directors and leaders to communicate with parents, staff, teachers and site director regarding child or program issues. Record attendance and contract parents regarding absent students.
5. Assist site directors and leaders to call parents to get authorization for an unauthorized adult to pick up the student from the program. Check identification of adult.
6. Assist site directors and leaders to open and close school building and secure school building at the end of the program by locking doors and turning off lights.
7. Assist site directors and leaders to prepare snacks and clean the activity and kitchen areas after use.
8. Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
? One (1) year of high school, vocational school, or equivalent on-the-job training and experience.
? Must be at least 16 years old.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
? Criminal background check required for hire.
? CPR, First Aid and Universal Precautions Certifications are required within 90 days after entering position.
? May be required to complete current state required annual continuing education (presently 15 hours minimum) related to one or more of the following: child growth and development, health and safe environment, developmentally appropriate practices, guidance, family relationships, cultural and individual diversity, and professionalism.
Job Categories : Athletics & Activities > After School Programs
Instructional Support > Paraprofessional / IA Contact Information
- Nicole Stone
- 1500 E 128TH AVE
- Thornton, Colorado 80241