DANCE TEACHER - MIDDLE SCHOOLLOCATION: Arts and Communication AcademySUPERVISOR: BUILDING PRINCIPALJOB SUMMARY:
Dance teacher responsibilities include but are not limited to: teaching dance to middle school students; developing lesson plans; establishing and maintaining of a classroom climate conducive to learning; identifying student needs and assisting in helping solve health, attitude, and learning problems.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Valid Michigan teaching certificate with appropriate endorsement.Previous experience in teaching dance preferred.Experience in Choreography and production preferredProven ability to meet the challenges of an urban-rural, multi-ethnic, multi-racial school district.Other qualifications as the District may find appropriate and acceptable. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Instruct students in various areas of dance
- Integrate core curriculum/ core curricular subject matter with dance.
- Produce and direct performances for school and public.
- Work with large and small groups of students to enhance skills in and appreciation of the performing arts.
- Work as a team member with other staff.
- Utilize outside resources to enrich the curriculum.
- Promote artistic expression and physical activity.
- Demonstrate active involvement in appropriate professional dance and dance education organizations.
- Provide instructional experiences that address the historical and cultural contexts of various dance forms.
- Use teaching techniques that will develop creativity in students.
- Utilize available resources in developing the most effective program.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned by the Superintendent or his designee.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit and talk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and depth perception.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the American with Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individual currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned. Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law. EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Job Categories: Career Education > Dance
Classroom Teacher > Middle Grades
Classroom Teacher > Arts: Dance Equal Opportunity Employer
0 Contact Information
- Kayla Connor
- 1995 Union Avenue
- Benton Harbor, Michigan 49022