SUMMARY: Responsible for on-site supervision of the Veteran's Memorial Aquatics Center (VMAC) program set-up and daily operation. This non-benefited position is scheduled as needed based on facility programming for less than 20 hours a week.
Job Tasks Descriptions
1. Responsible for maintaining proper deck supervision for aquatics staff, set?s rotations, ensures participants safety, answers inquiries regarding activities, and joins guard rotation. Enforces and ensures lifeguards enforce VMAC rules and regulations.
2. Ensures pool meets State Health code regulations by regularly checking chemicals and making adjustments as needed. Performs daily facility checks on chemicals and equipment and completes facility reports daily. Provides facility support by performing cleaning of pool, pump room and storage areas. May assist with cleaning of locker rooms, bathrooms, concessions, hallways, rooms, lifeguard office, and with snow clearance of walkways as needed.
3. Performs set-up and take down of events and practices taking place at the VMAC to include moving of bulkheads, lane lines, timing system, computers, tables, chairs, platforms, etc.
4. Attends staff trainings and meetings, may conduct staff training audits and drills.
5. Coordinate and work with outside organizations, concessions workers and coaches to set up events/activities. May assist with opening and closing the facility. May assist with start-up cash for events/concessions and or close outs.
6. Perform other job related duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
Currently enrolled in High School; High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
Must be a minimum of 18 years old.
Minimum of 1 year experience in an aquatics programs, including Lifeguarding and/or Assistant Pool Manager.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
Criminal background check required for hire.
American Red Cross Lifeguard Training and First Aid Certification required.
American Red Cross CPR-PR/AED required.
Salary placement on our Classified Salary schedule is dependent on the Grade for the position being posted and employees' previous work experience. "Grade" refers to position or job classification and "Step" refers to number of work experience credit or service years. Initial placement will be at the Grade for the position step 1.
Employees regularly scheduled to work twenty (20) hours per week or more are eligible to receive the district contribution towards insurance benefits as defined in the Classified Master Agreement Article 11.3, 11.4, and 11.5 and are eligible for benefits described within this article. Employees regularly scheduled to work less than twenty (20) hours per week, or employees
whose employment is temporary, are not eligible for benefits described within this article. Please refer to the Classified Master Agreement for more information.
THIS POSTING IS NOT INCLUSIVE OF THE JOB DESCRIPTION.
All applicants (current district employees and external applicants) should list any and all work experience, including current district experience, when completing the employment application. Please include job titles and duties that you held while doing that job. Since the Human Resource department uses the application to screen for minimum qualifications required for each job, it is important to have a complete application so you will be considered for the position you are applying for.
Job Category : Athletics & Activities > After School Programs Contact Information
- Nicole Stone
- 1500 E 128TH AVE
- Thornton, Colorado 80241