In the absence of the regular classroom teacher, the substitute, assists students to learn subject matter and/or skills that are required for scheduled lessons and provides meaningful instruction for assigned classrooms. The substitute teacher also completes the following:
- Carries out a program of study prescribed in the lesson plans left by the classroom teacher.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and objectives as indicated in the lesson plans for the lessons, units, or projects assigned.
- Employs instructional methods and materials that are most appropriate for meeting lesson objectives.
- Maintains a well organized and orderly classroom.
- Takes attendance in accordance with school procedures.
- Perform duties of absent teacher such as lunchroom duty, hall monitoring, and bus detail
- Knows emergency evacuation routes for the classrooms assigned.
- Knows procedures for referring students who are disciplinary problems.
- Knows school procedures and regulations.
- Performs other related duties as directed by principal
- Reports to school office at beginning of school day to for required materials/schedule of classes and at the end of the school day to return materials. Follows sign-in and sign-out procedures as prescribed by the Columbus City Schools
Job Category : Instructional Support > Substitute Contact Information
- Rick Bailey
- 270 E STATE ST
- Columbus, Ohio 43215-4312