: Assists the Principal oversee the successful delivery of academic instruction to the district's students in grades 9-12 and supervise the daily operations of assigned school. ESSENTIAL DUTIES :
• Supervises the day-to-day activities of building staff. Duties include hiring, training, counseling, and evaluating staff performance.
• Assists the Principal oversee the delivery of academic instruction ensuring learning experiences consistent with the mission statement and instructional goals of the building and district.
• Provides assistance and guidance to staff who are engaged in student instruction.
• Promotes improvement of curriculum and instruction within the building.
• Monitors student achievement and progress toward instructional goals and objectives of the building and district; initiates corrective action as necessary.
• Administers the student behavior and discipline program; counsels and provides guidance to students regarding a variety of personal, academic and behavioral issues.
• Investigates and addresses student-related issues and concerns; develops a plan of action to address problem(s).
• Works cooperatively with guidance counselors, social workers and other support team members to implement various initiatives to increase the high school graduation rate, decrease the student dropout rate, and ensure students are able to achieve their appropriate grade level.
• Develops the master schedule and class scheduling of students.
• Coordinates the completion and distribution of interim and quarterly student report cards.
• Serves as the building test coordinator responsible for coordinating and supervising state and district mandated testing at the building level.
• Plans, coordinates and executes assigned grade level activities including student recognition, Homecoming, Prom, Graduation, and the like.
• Assumes responsibility for execution of the building's emergency and crisis plans including fire/emergency drills.
• Monitors school building areas to ensure safe conditions and compliance with Federal, state and local health and safety standards.
• Manages the transportation of students to/from school.
• Creates and promotes a positive and cooperative atmosphere that encourages and motivates students and staff; ensures rules are fairly and consistently administered.
• Supports implementation of the building's after school activities and events by attending activities/events and ensuring acceptable student behavior at all school sanctioned/sponsored activities/events.
• Prepares or oversees completion of required documentation and reports.
• Promotes positive school-community relations by clearly communicating school messages to parents and members of the community; responding to parental and community inquiries in a timely and courteous manner, and maintaining visibility with students, parents and the community.
• Performs the duties of Principal in that individual's absence.
• Maintains current knowledge of best practices, trends and new developments in high school curriculum, instruction and building administration. Recommends changes to operations and instructional strategies as necessary.
• Performs other duties as assigned. JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
• Master's degree in Education or a related field.
• Five (5) or more years of related teaching and administrative experience in a K-12 environment.
• Valid Ohio Department of Education Administrator certificate or equivalent.
• Demonstrated knowledge of accrediting and regulatory standards and district policies related to assigned functions.
• Interpersonal skills necessary to communicate effectively and work productively with all levels of district staff, students, parents and the general public. The incumbent is also required to have effective verbal and written communication skills and be able to handle problem situations in a tactful, courteous and respectful manner.
• Written and computer skills necessary to maintain various departmental records, documents and reports.
• Analytical ability to develop plans of action to address a variety of issues and concerns in a timely manner.
• Skills necessary to provide guidance, train and review the work of assigned staff.
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the education, experience, skill and ability levels typically needed to successfully perform the essential duties contained in this job description. Columbus City Schools (CCS) is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against individuals regardless of race, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, gender identity or expression, ancestry, familial status, military status or disability in its educational programs, activities, and employment policies. CCS fully supports the hiring and employment of individuals with physical or mental disabilities who meet the job qualifications, so long as the individuals are able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Job Category: Administrator > Assistant Principal/Dean/Head Contact Information
- Rick Bailey
- 270 E STATE ST
- Columbus, Ohio 43215-4312