An instructional program that prepares individuals to apply technical knowledge and understanding of scientific principles, mathematical concepts and communicative and technical skills, including Architecture, or CAD, combined with professional experiences which are supportive to the architecture, engineering, construction trades industry. This subject matter is concerned with developing plans for buildings and other structures using various building materials and creative layouts and designs that are in keeping with the various building codes, zoning laws and other regulations and ordinances. The resulting effort must be in keeping with cost limitations as well as the client's preference to the style and plan with emphasis on the art form. The worker assists in inspections to make certain that the design is not altered and that the materials used agree with contract specifications, primarily in the field of Building Construction or Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, Design, HVAC
- Implement the educational program within the standards and policies approved by the Board of Education and guidelines established by the Office of Career and Technical Education.
- Maintain a professional attitude and appearance.
- Model a sound work ethic and regular attendance.
- Attain and maintain teaching certification as required by the Pennsylvania Department of Education. Provide to the District, on an annual basis, documentation as required by the District which may include, but not be limited to transcript, semester grade report, etc evidencing continuous enrollment in credit-bearing coursework leading toward permanent teaching certification.
- Maintain current industry-recognized certificate(s) as approved by the Pennsylvania Department of Education, including participation in technical seminars, workshops, and classes that are related to the industry area.
- Participate in regular professional development activities to keep abreast of advances in technology, curriculum and instructional delivery techniques, and remain current in all areas of the field of expertise.
- Prepare students for industry by teaching industry-recognized standards. Administer industry-recognized certification examinations approved by the District to students, as appropriate.
- Provide technical skills training to students to prepare for the appropriate PDE-approved end-of-program assessment, if applicable.
- Assist in the development, revision and implementation of the curriculum as it pertains to each instructional area in accordance with established State and District guidelines and formats.
- Develop, revise and implement instructional activities to support the curriculum.
- Utilize a diversity of instructional methods in order to motivate students and promote learning. Mentor students and provide counseling and/or refer students to appropriate school specialists.
- Provide and maintain a well-organized, safe learning environment.
- Implement and maintain a preventative safety program in lab and classroom areas consistent with related OSHA standards. Involve students in safety program.
- Prepare lesson plans weekly and provide lesson plans for short-term substitutes as required by the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
- Maintain daily attendance records and instructional plans.
- Implement and maintain a system of student discipline and encourage appropriate student behavior, in accordance with policies approved by the School Reform Commission.
- Maintain student records, including Performance Assessment Logs, and communicate student progress to parents/guardians.
- Develop and promote student leadership, civic responsibility and citizenship through the integration of Career and Technical Student Organization (CTSO) activities into the curriculum, and through membership and participation in CTSO conferences and competitions.
- Prepare students for work-based learning opportunities, as appropriate.
- Maintain and conduct Occupational Advisory Committee (OAC) meetings at least twice annually for the purpose of aligning career and technical program with current industry standards, and to seek recommendations for improvements to curriculum, facilities, equipment, and safety.
- Use, maintain, safeguard, inventory, and dispose of all instructional equipment in accordance with all applicable Federal, State, and District requirements and policies approved by the School Reform Commission.
- Participate in the development of assigned students' Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) and utilize all accommodations as indicated on the IEPs.
- Maintain all paperwork and reports pertinent to position and as required by standards and policies approved by the School Reform Commission and guidelines established by the Office of Career and Technical Education.
- Bachelor's degree program at an accredited college or university.
- Two years of current full-time, paid experience in the field of architecture, engineering as an Architect, CAD designer or draftsman.
- Current possession or immediate attainment (within 1 year of hire) of industry credential(s) related to the field of Architecture
- Associate's degree program at an accredited college or university and/or completion of post-secondary technical training program at an accredited trade/technical school.
- Four years of current full-time, paid experience in the field as an Architectural Drafter/Designer
- Current possession or immediate attainment (within 1 year of hire) of industry credential(s) related to the field of Architectural Design
- Six years of current full-time paid, experience in the field of Architectural drafter/designer
- Current possession or immediate attainment (within 1 year of hire) of industry credential(s) related to the field of Architectural drafter/designer
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Applicants must also be proficient with AutoCAD & Microsoft Office Products
Demonstrated knowledge of: AutoCAD/REVIT
Experience with 3D modeling
Reading and interpreting drawings
- Demonstrated ability to :
- Candidate must have knowledge of industry practices and standards used in drafting, modeling and design development.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Certificates/Licenses
Job Category: Career Education > Drafting Contact Information
- Office of Talent
- 440 N. Broad Street
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19130