Friendship Public Charter School operates a thriving network of college preparatory public charter schools. Headquartered in Washington, DC. Friendship serves over 4,800 students in preschool to grade 12 and guides a growing network of alumni to college completion annually. Our mission is to prepare students to become ethical, literate, well-rounded and self-sufficient citizens by providing a world-class education that motivates students to reach high academic standards, to enjoy learning, to achieve success, and to contribute actively to their communities. For 25 years, with the support and guidance of our exceptional faculty, our students have risen to the challenge with high graduation rates, college acceptances and unparalleled success academically and socially.
Do you want to lead the marketing and communication strategy that brings Friendship’s mission to life? Would you like to lead the team whose job it is to tell the stories of our outstanding students, teachers and staff - engaging the hearts and minds of our stakeholders and celebrating our students’ successes?
If so, Friendship’s Marketing and Communications role may be just what you’re looking for. As the Director of Marketing and Communications, you will be a functional leader within the external affairs team, leading marketing, communications, branding, social media, and events. Friendship is an established leader in the DC educational community, and this is an opportunity to join a high-performing team and to have an immediate impact.
- Establish the strategic vision by leading communications, marketing, and branding strategy for Friendship and strategic planning for the marketing team (e.g., brand strategy, goals , messaging, budget and spending priorities).
- Set the creative direction and supervise design and production of content and collateral.
- Collaborate and steward the marketing strategy for staff recruitment and regional student recruitment, including paid digital marketing strategies, plans and execution.
- Oversee internal communications, including strategic management of our core communications platforms including website, social, and newsletters, as well as ensuring schools and teams have the resources to seamlessly represent our brand.
- Support CEO and CXO in all public relations and crisis management activities.
- Unquestioned integrity and commitment to Friendship Public Charter School’s mission and values.
- Sensitivity and predisposition to the needs, beliefs, and experiences of the communities in which we serve. Ability to listen well and express sensitivity through communications and actions with others.
- Expertise at setting marketing and messaging strategy and brand stewardship.
- History of executiving paid marketing campaigns with results to prove effectiveness.
- Capacity to and enjoyment of operating at multiple levels: from developing high-level strategy to overseeing operational details
- Capable of managing vendors to achieve great outcomes.
- Exceptional project management skills. Ability to self-direct, prioritize and multi-task among competing goals, while exhibiting flexibility in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Excellent strategic communication skills, including written and verbal communication, public speaking skills, and keen attention to detail and nuance.
- Ability to plan and think strategically, coupled with excellent execution skills and flexibility to work within complex or ambiguous context; inclination to initiate process improvements and continuous learning within the organizations.
- Skilled at collecting, analyzing, interpreting, and using data to collaborate, identify best practices and areas for improvement, and drive results.
- Evidence of a successful track record in meeting or exceeding stated goals.
- Strong management and leadership skills, with the ability to motivate, guide, and develop a high performing team.
- Knowledge of public education reform landscape strongly desired.
- 8+ years experience in marketing or other strategic management roles is preferred.
- Proven track record of managing and executing data-driven marketing strategy and programs.
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or advanced degree preferred.
- Experience with mission-driven marketing preferred.
- Exposure to high-performing education reform and/or general academic settings preferred.
- Effective November 1, 2021, all adult employees, contractors, interns, and volunteers working in person in a public, public charter, independent, private, or parochial school in the District of Columbia, and all adult employees, contractors, interns, and volunteers working in person in a child care facility regulated by the Office of the State Superintendent of Education, shall have received a full course of a vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have been granted an exemption from such vaccination pursuant to, and are compliant with the requirements of, Section IV of this Order.”
FPCS’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, veteran status, status as a special disabled veteran, or any other protected criteria as established by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to recruitment and hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfer, layoff, termination and all other terms and conditions of