At Acero Schools, we are what we believe. Achievement
- We set goals and do what it takes to achieve them. Community
- We contribute to, respect and serve in our communities. Excellence
- We expect our best and strive to make our best even better. Resilience
- We learn and grow through adversity and challenges. Optimism
- We believe in our ability to create the future we envision. Position Description
K-8 th Grade Music Teacher
Competitive Salary and Benefits Location:
Chicago, IL Reports To:
Principal How to Apply: https://platform.teachermatch.org/jobsboard.do?districtId=569404168 Position Overview
Acero Schools Teachers are unique in that they realize success is built on relationships. They focus their work on student learning. Furthermore, they whole-heartedly believe that all students can learn and demonstrate that by engaging principles of distributed leadership and distributed counseling . Acero Schools expects that all adults understand that it is everyone's responsibility to develop students, both personally and academically.
Acero Schools Teachers know that they are responsible for the academic growth of their students, and they are willing to do whatever it takes to ensure success.
Teachers at Acero Schools lead the curriculum, instruction, and assessment for students to which they are assigned. They relentlessly pursue student growth and achievement through diligent planning, careful instructional execution, and on-going collaboration with colleagues and the school leadership team. Core Responsibilities
Student Achievement and Success
- Ensure high academic standards are set for and met by all students.
- Develop and execute a rigorous standards-based curriculum.
- Differentiate curriculum, instruction, and individualized learning plans to meet individual student needs.
- Use student performance data derived from teacher-created and standardized assessments to drive instructional decision-making.
Commitment to School and Classroom Culture:
- Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interest of the students.
- Develop positive relationships with students.
- Develop classroom rules for behavior that are consistent with the school wide rules and Acero Schools Student Code of Conduct.
- Develop positive relationships with parents for the purpose of creating a support for students and their education program; execute assigned home visits to facilitate this process.
- Assist in promoting the participation of students, parents, and other members of the staff in Acero Schools-initiated activities.
Professionalism and Leadership :
- Collaborate with Assistant Principal to develop and execute Professional Growth Plan.
- Engage in self-initiated focused, reflective work (action research, critical collaboration, case study, or learning log).
- Clearly and accurately communicate with administration, colleagues, students, parents, and larger academic community to improve academic outcomes for all students.
- Exhibit personal responsibility for daily work and attendance, personal appearance, student learning, and school success.
- Demonstrate collegial behavior and make professional development contributions to the school community.
- Education: Bachelor's degree (required)
- Candidate must be able to demonstrate the academic progress of students under his/her leadership and articulate the methods used to achieve those results
- Must possess valid Illinois Professional Educator License (PEL) or equivalent (required)
- Must possess valid Illinois K-8 th Grade Music endorsement or equivalent (required)
- Must hold permanent residency in the United States (required)
The nature of the work requires an ability to operate standard business office equipment, and the ability to communicate and exchange information, collect, compile and prepare work documents, set-up and maintain work files. Physical demands include the ability to stand, bend, reach high and low, stoop, and walk around the classroom 60% of the day. In addition, candidates must be able to lift and/or push and pull 15 to 20lbs. for short periods of time, and walk up and down stairs several times a day. Working Conditions
Majority of work is performed in a general office environment. Position requires availability for extended
hours plus non-traditional hours required to perform job duties. Also requires participation and attendance at organization-sponsored events and meetings.
NOTE : The foregoing list of essential duties and responsibilities is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class.The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
Acero Schools is committed to a policy of equal treatment for all individuals. Acero Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin. www.aceroschools.org
Job Categories: Career Education > Music
Classroom Teacher > Early Childhood
Classroom Teacher > Elementary
Classroom Teacher > Middle Grades
Classroom Teacher > Art
Classroom Teacher > Arts: Dance
Classroom Teacher > Bilingual Education
Classroom Teacher > Music Education
Classroom Teacher > Music: Chorus
Classroom Teacher > Music: Instrumental Contact Information
- Elizabeth Hammel
- 209 W. Jackson Blvd
- Ste 500
- Chicago, Illinois 60606