The Aspire Career Pathways-Transitions Coordinator/Instructor will provide a quality program of integrated educational and career-technical services for Aspire students who are seeking to transition into the workforce, into a postsecondary or training program that will lead to improved or initial employment, or a combination of both. The Career Pathways-Transitions Coordinator/Instructor will develop and implement a comprehensive career transitions program for all Aspire students in the most effective and efficient manner. The coordinator/instructor will hold a Bachelor's degree, a valid Ohio teaching license, certificate, or permit as required by the Ohio Department of Education (ODE). The coordinator/instructor will possess an acceptable knowledge of the following: computer technology, strong organizational and human relations skills, ability to work independently, manage and complete projects, coordinate staff, and interact with students, staff, and community organizations in a positive and productive manner. Qualifiers/Selection Criteria:
Specifically, the Coordinator/Instructor shall:
- Experience working with diverse populations in a variety of settings;
- Available to work during times when adults need services including evenings;
- Degree in Education or Business;
- Successful experience teaching adults ABE, ASE, and ESOL in an Aspire program;
- Knowledge and experience in computer technology as it relates to instructional learning systems, information retrieval, and data entry into a database or spreadsheet;
- Experience with test administration and test certification where needed including Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE), the Official General Educational Development (GED) Practice Test, BEST Plus for English Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL), and TABE CLAS-E;
- Knowledge of the Ohio Aspire e-Guide;
- Experience with the ABE/ASE/ESOL Orientation and Intake Process;
- Successful experience in working with school staff and agency personnel to meet the needs of adults and their families;
- Experience in collaborating with community agencies and human resources;
- Ability to prepare and process reports and documents for funding agencies;
- Expert communication and writing skills.
This is a Full-Time Hourly Professional Employee Position
- Recruit, coordinate, teach and provide instruction and student support for the Aspire program.
- Regularly visit Aspire orientations and classrooms to talk about postsecondary and training opportunities that are available to Aspire students.
- Meet with and develop career pathway plans with those students who are serious about exploring career and educational opportunities.
- Create a database of students who participate in career transitions programs to track students (enter employment, retain employment, enter postsecondary program, etc.) through ABLELink.
- Coordinate Aspire student visits to local postsecondary and training programs.
- Coordinate with OhioMeansJobs Columbus-Franklin County (OMJ-CFC) and other agencies to provide services for our students.
- Develop a list of local companies that will hire Aspire students and provide workforce follow-up services, including wage verification.
- Regularly meet with the Adult and Community Education staff to refine and improve transitions services.
- Coordinate the Ohio High School Equivalency Options. Perform all other duties as assigned by the administrator of Adult and Community Education.
Job Categories: Administrator > Director/Coordinator/Manager
Administrator > Vocational/Career Education
Instructional Support > Teacher Mentor
Student Services > Teacher Mentor Contact Information
- Rick Bailey
- 270 E STATE ST
- Columbus, Ohio 43215-4312