KIPP Texas Public Schools is a network of 59 public charter, open-enrollment, pre-k-12 schools educating nearly 34,000 students across Austin, Dallas-Ft. Worth, Houston, and San Antonio. Together with families and communities, our mission is to create joyful, academically excellent schools that prepare students with the skills and confidence to pursue the paths they choose -college, career, and beyond-so they can lead fulfilling lives and build a more just world.
Founded in Houston in 1994, and operating as KIPP Texas since 2018, our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and antiracism in our classrooms, in our offices, and in the communities we serve is unwavering. We are looking to hire a diverse team of dynamic, collaborative, and dedicated individuals with an unyielding belief that every child will succeed. Join our Team and Family and champion equity, chase excellence, persist with purpose, bring joy
, and help us rise together
KIPP Texas is part of the national KIPP network of 255 college-preparatory public charter schools in 20 states and the District of Columbia. Nationwide, KIPP students complete four-year college at a rate of 36 percent, comparable to the national average for all students and approximately three times higher than the average of students from low-income communities.Job Description
Every member of the Team & Family at KIPP Texas Public Schools plays a critical role in ensuring our students have the skills and confidence to pursue the paths they choose - college, career and beyond. Our educators are passionate advocates for their students and their families, working tirelessly to ensure that our students have access to opportunity. In our classrooms and across the KIPP family we embrace, honor and celebrate our differences across several characteristics that construct our unique identities in our little and big KIPPsters. We are especially committed to attracting and developing individuals who share the life experiences of our students because we believe the best work we do is grounded in the realities and experiences of our families and KIPPsters.
The School Operations Team is focused on creating the conditions by which our schools can thrive by designing and leading efficient, safe, joyful, and just systems; working to remove obstacles to learning and find creative solutions to challenges to enable the highest level of teaching and learning; and providing best-in-class customer service to families and staff members to ensure they feel welcomed, cared for and a valued member of our community. The Attendance & PEIMS Specialist is a school based position responsible for maintaining impeccable student information data and record keeping, assisting with seamless school operations, and supporting excellent teaching and learning by providing data to inform decisions. The Attendance and PEIMS Specialist is the data and student information expert at the school.
Manages school attendance process and maintains attendance records
- Partners with students, staff and parents to ensure students attend school every day
- Trains teachers on attendance procedures and inputs the data into the Student Information System (SIS)
- Documents all attendance changes, corrects attendance data, and completes audits as needed
- Communicates attendance reporting to staff and indicates when a student is at risk
- Participates in the weekly attendance check-in meeting with increasing responsibilities over time
Maintains accurate student data and information in compliance with federal, state, and school expectations
- Corrects student data issues in the SIS and completes Public Education Information Management System (PEIMS) reporting
- Manages requests for student records
- Enters and audits immunization and health documentation into the SIS and auditing these entries
- Reviews critical health alerts for students and ensures the coding is in the SIS
- Enters student schedules once developed
- Prints progress reports and report cards
Processes documentation for student enrollment and maintains all lottery records
- Verifies students are fully enrolled and makes any data corrections in registration packets and the SIS
- Collects any required documents for students to enroll
- Sets up, manages, and audits student folders
- Accepts transfer requests from families and coordinates process with other schools
- Handles external student document requests
- Tracks leaver information and ensures that withdrawal meetings are held
- Prepares transcripts and provides proof of enrollment
Skills and Qualifications
- HS Diploma/GED required
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) Required
- Unwavering commitment to the KIPP Texas mission, core values and willingness to go above and beyond to meet the needs of KIPP Texas students, families, and staff
- Strong project and time management skills; ability to effectively backwards plan, juggle multiple priorities with great attention to detail, and deliver consistent and timely results
- Experience with managing and entering data
- Sense of humility, customer service mindset, and shows urgency and the ability to proactively solve problems and make decisions quickly
- Ability to establish relationships and communicate effectively with multiple stakeholders
- Desire to continuously learn and evolve as a professional
Salary is based on years of experience, degree of education, and level of expertise. A competitive benefits package is also offered.
KIPP provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees.
As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability