May 12, 2022
Green Dot Public Schools
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Thank you for your interest. If you are a Green Dot employee, please apply using the Career Worklet on the Workday Home Page.
The Human Resources Administrator role presents an exciting opportunity to launch a career in HR from a school-based setting. This role will serve as a “right hand” to the Director of Human Resources, partnering with this individual to manage a variety of human resources-related administrative tasks and projects. This role reports to the Director of Human Resources.
The Human Resources Administrator is responsible for the following in addition to any other responsibilities as determined by their manager, the Director of Human Resources.
• Support the Director of Human Resources with scheduling, meeting preparation, drafting communications, and other administrative tasks as needed
• Maintain accurate and up-to-date human resource files and ensure the integrity and confidentiality of these records
• Perform periodic audits of HR files and records to ensure that all required documents are collected and filed appropriately
• Update internal databases (e.g., record sick or maternity leave)
• Prepare HR documents, like employment contracts
• Acts as a liaison between the organization and external benefits providers and vendors, which may include health, disability, and retirement plan providers
• Answer frequently asked questions from applicants and employees relative to standard policies, benefits, hiring processes, etc.; refer more complex questions to appropriate senior-level HR staff or management as needed
• Assist payroll department by providing relevant employee information (e.g. leaves of absence, sick days and work schedules)
• Arrange travel accommodations and process expense forms
• Assist with planning and execution of special events such as benefits enrollment or organization-wide meetings
• Provide support for HR projects as needed
• You are values aligned. You truly believe that every student, whatever their circumstances, holds the innate potential to achieve their goals and succeed in college, leadership, and life. You deeply believe in building anti-racist schools and communities and spend time reflecting on your biases, assumptions, and behaviors and the ways these impact the way you show up to spaces and conversations.
• You have a passion for service. You have an infectious sense of optimism for what is possible in urban public schools. You gain genuine pleasure from providing a level of service far beyond what is required, and who care deeply about improving outcomes behalf of students and families at Green Dot California.
• You are an independent self-starter and a dedicated team member. You are comfortable working independently but understand your role and priorities in the context of Green Dot’s goals and overall mission. You can work on any project, with any team. You are humble and driven to ensure your team succeeds.
• You are highly organized. You are able to juggle multiple projects at once without letting anything fall through the cracks.
• You are a strong communicator. You can speak and write clearly and persuasively.
• You are tactful and discreet. You are adept at maintaining the confidentiality of sensitive information.
• You are an intentional relationship-builder and collaborative teammate. You are able to build relationships, maintain communication, and develop trust with those around you. You enjoy collaborating with all levels of employees across departments.
• You are dependable, humble, have a sense of humor and a rock-solid commitment to Green Dot’s mission and the communities we serve
• You will need to pass a TB test and background check at time of offer
• You will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (submission of proof of vaccination will be required)
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to perform the job.
At the end of Year 1, you will have created bandwidth for the Director of Human Resources through the management of their administrative tasks. You will have ensured that all employee files are organized, secure, and up to date. You will have developed relationships with internal stakeholders like school leaders and external stakeholders like benefits providers. You will have provided support with special projects and events. You will have gained a deeper understanding of the Human Resources function and Green Dot more broadly.
The starting salary range for this position is $25-$28/hour, based on experience and this position qualifies for a $2,500 signing bonus, to be paid in two installments and is subject to change. In addition, we offer a comprehensive benefits plan including (but not limited to) medical, dental, vision, life insurance and retirement options (visit https://www.mygreendotbenefits.com/ for more information). We also provide generous time off to support an overall work-life balance, while giving employees the opportunity to impact a growing, mission-driven organization that is committed to the success of all students.
Only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted and we are looking to fill this position as soon as possible.
Green Dot California Home Office, Los Angeles, CA