May 13, 2022
Green Dot Public Schools
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Thank you for your interest. If you are a Green Dot employee, please apply using the Career Worklet on the Workday Home Page.
The Facilities Administrative Assistant has the opportunity to support a dynamic facilities services team to ensure our school facilities reflect the value we place on the students and communities we serve.
Support the facilities services team with the following:
• Support the Director of Facilities
• Schedule vendor service and project estimating visits
• Maintain facility team calendar
• Phone support for incoming department calls
• Facilitate and monitor department purchasing of inventory and requisitioning of supplies, equipment and services
• Perform a wide variety of administrative tasks including data entry and the drafting, editing, and revision of letters, reports, and other materials
• Monitor work order database
• Maintain accurate facility databases
• Reconcile facilities credit cards
• Supports Chief Business Officer with clerical duties and other similar projects
• Provide service excellence through courteous, informed, accessible, and professional engagement
• Other duties as assigned
• You have a Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience
• You have a minimum of 2 - 3 years of experience in an administrative support capacity in a fast-paced office environment (preferred)
• You are able to think strategically and plan for the short-term and long-term
• You have strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and adapt to changing priorities
• You are proficient in Google Suite – Sheets, Docs, Forms, Slides
• You are proficient in MS Suite – Excel, Power Point, Outlook and Word
• You an an effective teamwork orientation with the ability to communicate and interact effectively with multiple constituencies, including leadership, school leaders and staff, and contractors
• You are hardworking, motivated and self-directed; able to think critically and anticipate needs of customers
• You are comfortable with ambiguity and able to adapt to a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
• You are able to develop and implement internal systems and processes to increase effectiveness
• You have a high level of personal responsibility and drive toward ambitious goals
• You have a commitment to five-star customer service
• You are dependable, humble, have a sense of humor and a rock-solid commitment to Green Dot’s mission and the communities we serve
• You will need to pass a TB test and background check at time of offer
• You will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (submission of proof of vaccination will be required)
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to perform the job.
The hourly rate for this position is $25.00-$28.00, based on experience. In addition, we offer a comprehensive benefits plan including (but not limited to) medical, dental, vision, life insurance and retirement options (visit https://www.mygreendotbenefits.com/ for more information). We also provide generous time off to support an overall work-life balance, while giving employees the opportunity to impact a growing, mission-driven organization that is committed to the success of all students.
Only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted and we are looking to fill this position as soon as possible.
Green Dot California Home Office, Los Angeles, CA