Student Services Manager Start Date
: 2017/2018 School Year
Submit your resume to be considered for possible Student Services Manager opportunities within our network of 13 elementary schools and 3 high schools for the 2017/2018 school year. We want to connect with Student Services Managers who have a passion for education.
Join a dynamic team of student-focused educators and innovators. We are:
- 3 of the top 5 charter elementary schools in the City of Chicago (Chicago Magazine, 2016)
- Top-Tier: an all-time high of seven Acero Schools ranked at level 1+ by Chicago Public Schools rating system last year
- Illinois Teacher of the Year Award Finalist (ISBE, 2016)
Competitive Salary and Benefits Location:
Chicago, IL Reports To:
Principal How to Apply:https://platform.teachermatch.org/jobsboard.do?districtId=569404168 Position Overview
The Student Services Manager is a member of the leadership team at the school, who collaborates directly with the Principal to set a vision for specialized services and evaluate special education programming and teaching. In particular, the Student Services Manager helps develop, coach and evaluate the special education teaching team.
The Student Services Manager builds teacher capacity through consistent coaching, continually improving the quality of teaching at the school and, thereby, improving student achievement. Through regular classroom observations, lesson plan critiques, and one-on-one meetings, the Student Services Manager provides individual teachers and apprentices with consistent feedback regarding areas of strength and areas in which they need to improve. Throughout this process, the Student Services Manager also collects robust data and works closely with the Principal to plan for professional development and formal teacher evaluation. Core Responsibilities
Teacher Performance and Support:
- Develop, revise, and manage academic MTSS systems, including selection and management of academic interventions.
- Support team members while guiding them through their Professional Development Goals.
- Assess, develop, identify resources and lead implementation of student services program improvements and strategies of support.
- Facilitate beginning of year goal setting by guiding team members through their Professional Development Plans and curriculum review.
- Collaborate with the special education team to strategically plan block structure.
- Coach, manage, and evaluate special education team, particularly in regards to co-teaching, pull-out instruction, FLIGHT program instruction, case management and IEP meetings.
- Provide detailed teacher feedback in the following areas: student discipline, classroom management, assessment, data analysis, instructional planning, instructional delivery, and utilization of curriculum resources by
- Ensure teacher improvement by coaching and mentoring in order to achieve student goals, school goals, and key performance indicators.
- Facilitate teacher progress towards goals, as well as towards organizational goals.
Commitment to School and Classroom Culture:
- Foster a student-focused and data-grounded environment that facilitates critical conversations around student learning and support services.
- Cultivate supports for students by building positive relationships with students, staff, families and external service providers.
- Promote the participation of students, parents, and other members of the staff in Acero Schools-initiated activities.
- Collaborate with other professional staff in identification of leveled support, learning disabilities, development of planned remediation and evaluation of student progress.
- Possess an understanding of State and Federal Special Education Law and CPS Policies.
- Attend all CPS and Acero Schools Special Education, MTSS, and Student Assessment-related meetings.
- Must have annual IEP calendar and access to student IEPs.
- Notify the Principal if any part of a student's plan (MTSS, 504, or IEP) is not being implemented appropriately despite efforts to correct problems via consultation with other school personnel.
Professionalism and Leadership:
- Support management of behavioral MTSS systems, including selection and development of behavior interventions.
- Evaluate teacher performance and use this data to identify, plan, and promote professional development for individual teachers and the larger school staff as needed.
- Analyze teacher, student, and school data to counsel teachers and provide accountability for teacher impact on student growth and performance.
- Counsel the Principal regarding the ability of individual teachers' to improve student achievement; provides Principal with data that drives decision-making for Teacher Performance Improvement Plans and/or termination.
- Ensure program compliance: that required timelines are being observed; that direct services, accommodations, modifications and other services indicated on the plan are being implemented across all school settings, and that the student is benefitting from the services provided.
- Maintain a 100% compliance rate for completing all Annual Reviews, Initial, and Three-Year Reevaluations according to State and Federal law.
- Maintain confidentiality according to State guidelines.
- Coordinate school-wide testing coordination, organization and scheduling including NWEA, PARCC, ACCESS, WIDA Screening, MTSS Universal Screening and Related Service Provider Testing.
- Serve as a liaison between Related Service Providers and Coordinator of Specialized Instruction.
- Other duties, responsibilities, and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree (required)
- Candidate must be able to demonstrate the academic progress of students under his/her leadership and articulate the methods used to achieve those results
- Knowledge of data-driven instructional practices
- Experience with writing high quality IEPs and progress monitoring related to IEPs and MTSS
- Minimum three years teaching experience (strongly preferred)
- Special Education teaching experience (strongly preferred)
- Ability to work cooperatively and positively with peers, students and students' parents/guardians
- Strong technology skills
- Minimum one year of school leadership or management experience (strongly preferred)
- Ability to articulate best instructional practices for driving student achievement
- Valid Illinois Special Education License (LBS1) (required)
- Valid Illinois Administrative Certification (strongly preferred)
- Must hold permanent residency in the United States
Nature of work requires an ability to operate standard business office equipment. Requires ability to communicate and exchange information, collect, compile and prepare work documents, set-up and maintain work files. Physically demands require the ability to stand, bend, reach high and low, stoop, walk around the classroom and kneel upwards of 60% of the day. In addition, walking up and down stairs several times a day. Must be able to lift 15 to 20 pounds for short periods of time and push and pull 15 to 20 lbs. Working Conditions
Majority of work performed in a general office environment. Position requires availability for extended hours plus non-traditional hours required to perform job duties. Also requires participation and attendance at organization-sponsored events and meetings.
NOTE : The foregoing list of essential duties and responsibilities is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
Acero Schools is committed to a policy of equal treatment for all individuals. Acero Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin.
Job Categories: Administrator > Director/Coordinator/Manager
Special Education > Behavior Specialist / EBD
Special Education > Special Education Assistant Contact Information
- Elizabeth Hammel
- 209 W. Jackson Blvd
- Ste 500
- Chicago, Illinois 60606