PLEASE APPLY ONLINE AT https://www.krsd.org/employment
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of cleaning methods and procedures, proper handling of hazardous materials
- Good physical health and ability to perform assigned tasks
- Minimum of one year of previous work related experience
- Required criminal history review background check and proof of U.S. citizenship or legal resident alien status
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable
Reports To: Buildings and Grounds Supervisor
Job Goal: To provide a safe, clean and comfortable school environment. Performance Responsibilities:
- Opens the building.
- On Saturdays and school holidays, closes building anddetermines, before leaving, that all doors and windows are secured, and all lights, except those left on for safety reasons, are turned off.
- Keeps building and premises, including sidewalks, driveways, and play areas neat and clean at all times.
- Displays the U.S. flag during school hours on days when school is in session.
- Checks daily to ensure that all exit doors are open and all panic bolts are working properly during the hours of building occupancy.
- Cleans corridors after each school day, and during the day when their condition requires it.
- Cleans and sanitizes bathroom fixtures and floors daily, and replenishes paper and soap supplies as needed.
- Cleans and sanitizes all drinking fountains daily.
- Cleans cafeteria dining areas as assigned by the Building Principal.
- Reports major repair needs promptly to the Building and Grounds Supervisor.
- Shovels, plows, salts, and/or sweeps sidewalks, steps, driveways and parking areas as necessary.
- Obeys all fire/safety and environmental laws and regulations relating to the plant operation.
- Keeps the grounds free from rubbish and debris.
- Moves furniture or equipment within the building as required for various activities and as directed by the Buildings and Grounds Supervisor, Night Supervisor and/or Principal.
- Complies with all laws and procedures for the storage and disposal of trash, waste, and debris.
- Cleans all windows on both the inside and outside as scheduled.
- Keeps all floors in a clean and attractive condition and in a good state of preservation.
- Performs groundskeeping chores including grass-cutting, tree-trimming, leaf raking and removal of litter, to maintain the grounds in a safe and attractive condition, as assigned.
- Prepares playing fields, grounds and other necessary facilities for athletic and other school activities, as assigned.
- Performs related duties as assigned by the Building Principal, Night Supervisor or Buildings and Grounds Supervisor.
Job Categories: Instructional Support > Substitute
Support Staff > Custodian Equal Opportunity Employer
0 Contact Information
- Kate McEntee
- 213 Kings Highway
- Woolwich Township, New Jersey 08085