Provides comprehensive audiological evaluations to referrals from Exceptional Student Education students, Multi-Disciplinary Team students, Child Find, and PreK disability transition. Provides technical assistance, consultation, and support to classroom teachers, district staff, students, and parents/guardians. Collaborates with private agencies and hospitals.Essential Functions
1. Provides assistance, training, and on-going support to deaf/hard of hearing students to maintain proper hearing aid and FM/digital FM amplification system performance. Communicates with parents/guardians regarding their student's audiological needs.
2. Consults and collaborates with private providers and hospitals to coordinate audiological services.
3. Completes audiological evaluations including pure-tone audiometry, impedance audiometry, speech audiometry, otoacoustic emissions testing, and sound-field audiometry as well as assistive technology benefit assessments.
4. Participates as a member of the educational team, interprets audiological assessment results, and makes
recommendations regarding audiological services within the IEP. Provides professional development to staff as
5. Completes initial and annual hearing aid benefit assessment evaluations and recommends appropriate hearing aids and FM/digital FM systems for classroom use. Provides FM devices/digital FM devices for students with cochlear implants and bone anchored implantable devices. Performs electroacoustic analyses and verification of fittings through the DSL method.
6. Effects hearing aid repairs either at the school or by sending to the repair facility; provides referrals for laboratory repairs; provides replacement units, takes ear mold impressions and fits ear molds.
7. Reviews outside audiological evaluations to aid in the determination for audiological eligibility in the Program for the Deaf/Hard of Hearing.
8. Facilitates storage and inventory of equipment; assignment of equipment; repairs of equipment; coordinates annual calibration of all audiological equipment.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.Minimum QualificationsEducation
: Master's Degree (prior to 2008) in Audiology or Doctorate in Audiology (required after January 1, 2008) from an accredited college or university.Experience
: Three (3) years of experience completing Audiological evaluations, including at least one (1) year of experience with school-age children.Certifications & Licenses
: State Licensure in Audiology by the Florida Department of Health is required. Certificate of Clinical Competence in Audiology through the American Speech-Language and Hearing Association or Fellowship in Audiology through the American Academy of Audiology preferred.Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of pediatric audiological evaluations
- Knowledge of various pediatric hearing aid manufacturers as well as manufacturers of assistive listening devices
- Strong skills in the use of audiometers, hearing aid analyzers, immittance bridges, otoacoustic measurement devices, computers, and other testing devices to measure the nature and extent of hearing loss.
- Strong skills in comprehensive diagnostic and therapeutic procedures of the hearing mechanism, and cochlear implant and bone anchored implantable devices management.
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software skills
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to prescribe and supervise instruction in fitting, use, and maintenance of assistive devices
- Ability to take ear mold impressions and determine proper ear mold fabrication based on hearing loss
- Ability to prescribe and supervise instruction in fitting, use, and maintenance of assistive listening devices.
- Ability to take ear mold impressions and determine proper ear mold fabrication based on hearing loss.
- Ability to advise students, teachers, and district staff on care and use of assistive listening devices
- Ability to interpret results and provide recommendations that are educationally relevant.
Press tab to move to the browser's controls
- Position Type: Full-time
- Positions Available: 1
Job Category : Student Services > Audiologist Job Requirements Contact Information
- Laura Bowes
- 1701 Prudential Dr
- Jcaksonville, Florida 32207