To provide diagnostic and therapeutic services for the students who may be speech and/or language impaired. Essential Functions
1. Complete speech/language evaluations and augmentative communication evaluations, as appropriate, for children ages three through twenty-one.
2. Attend Multi Disciplinary Review meetings to interpret speech/language evaluations and to provide prescriptive strategies for parents/teachers and other professionals working with children with communications disorders.
3. Develop IEP goals and objectives using information gathered from the speech/language evaluation and previous service providers.
4. Provide therapeutic programs as prescribed in the child's individualized education programs (IEP)
5. Complete speech/language evaluations and augmentative communication evaluations, as appropriate, for children ages three through twenty-one.
6. Attend regularly scheduled staff and program specific meetings.
7.Maintain current records and reports as required.Minimum QualificationsEducation:
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university. Master's degree in Speech Language Pathology preferred; candidate must be in second year of program and must complete Masters to remain employed.Experience:
None required. Salary is based on verified years of teaching experience.Certifications & Licenses:
Must be eligible for Florida Department of Education Certification in Speech Correction. Certificate of Clinical Competence for American Speech, Language, Hearing Association and/or state licensure preferred. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong time management skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation software skills
- Ability to plan and implement a program of study that meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of students
- Ability to devote additional hours beyond the workday for grading papers, preparation of lesson plans, etc.
- Ability to manage students
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
Press tab to move to the browser's controls
Job Categories : Special Education > Speech/Language Pathologist
Student Services > Speech/Language Pathologist Contact Information
- Laura Bowes
- 1701 Prudential Dr
- Jcaksonville, Florida 32207