At Acero Schools, we are what we believe. Achievement
- We set goals and do what it takes to achieve them. Community
- We contribute to, respect and serve in our communities. Excellence
- We expect our best and strive to make our best even better. Resilience
- We learn and grow through adversity and challenges. Optimism
- We believe in our ability to create the future we envision. Position Description
Talent Acquisition Recruiter
Competitive Salary and Benefits Location:
Chicago, IL Reports To:
Talent Acquisition Manager How to Apply: https://platform.teachermatch.org/jobsboard.do?districtId=569404168 Position Overview
The Recruiter is responsible for the execution of the full cycle recruitment process, including the internal recruitment process. The recruiter will be part of Acero's Human Capital Department. The primary role of the recruiter is to assist principals in finding the best possible talent for their respective schools and to serve as a partner to assure Acero Schools is meeting business needs through the recruitment process. The recruiter's position main focus is on school based position recruitment but from time to time may assist other hiring managers in their recruitment needs. The recruiter will be the main point person for principals regarding their recruitment needs.
He/she will utilize various sourcing methods to source both active and passive candidates. He/she will also offer administrative support to keep the recruiting, interviewing and onboarding process running smoothly.
He/she will proactively build a relevant talent funnel and advise the Deputy Chief of Human Capital on effective recruiting strategies. The recruiter will positively impact the quality, responsiveness and cost of the Acero Schools talent acquisition process and ensure we are hiring the best possible talent.
- Manage the full recruiting lifecycle including job requisition maintenance, job postings, sourcing and attracting candidates, resume review, interview arrangements, Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE) credential checks, reference checks, and employment offers.
- Partner with principals to proactively build effective sourcing, assessment, and closing strategies for schools.
- Partner with principals to successfully match candidate skillsets to business needs.
- Implement creative sourcing strategies to find new candidates via social media and other marketing initiatives.
- Responsible for ensuring that job descriptions are up to date.
- Assist the HR team in entering new employees into Paycor, our human resources information system (HRIS), to ensure a smooth hand-off from recruiting to onboarding.
- Ensure positive candidate and hiring manager experiences throughout the recruiting process, effectively communicating and managing candidate and hiring manager expectations throughout the process.
- Manage candidate expectations with regard to pay, benefits, culture, career growth, etc.
- Develop strong understanding of the business and roles. Periodically refresh that knowledge in order to effectively research and recommend new sources for active and passive candidate recruiting.
- Building relationships with both passive and active job seekers.
- Give timely and appropriate candidate feedback regarding next steps in Acero Schools selection process.
- Ensure 100% data integrity in ATS System and properly document the talent acquisition process for each job opening to ensure EEO compliance and best practices.
- Assist with Human Capital team projects including employer branding, client sourcing strategies, and ATS optimization.
- Ensure Acero Schools talent acquisition processes successfully serve Acero Schools diversity and inclusion initiatives.
- Work within assigned Human Capital metrics and business needs. Responsible for business and Human Capital reports out, summarizing the requisition activities, key performance indicators (KPIs), challenges, and wins for the team. Dive deep into measurement to track, communicate, and improve our work.
- Some travel will be required.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree (required)
- Minimum 2 years of successful experience in talent acquisition/HR and full cycle recruitment
- Experience with educational recruitment is strongly preferred
- Experience working with tools of the recruiting trade, including resume databases, internet sourcing tools, and spreadsheets
- Excellent communication, client service and negotiation skills
- Previous experience in high volume recruiting environments
- Experience using Applicant Tracking Systems and social media for recruitment purpose
- Experience building candidate pipelines and networking
- Have experience in a relationship based recruitment environment
- The ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position
- Strong self-confidence in dealing with a variety of personalities and situations
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Relentless pursuit of high expectations and results-oriented approach
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, high-energy environment with a proven ability to multi-task to complete numerous projects on a variety of timelines
- Exhibits attitude of "no-excuses" regarding project completion; is pro-active and enjoys working in an open, innovative, process driven team
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to anticipate problems
- Previous experience in education and/or nonprofit (strongly preferred)
- Must hold permanent residency in the United States (required)
The nature of the work requires an ability to operate standard business office equipment, and the ability to communicate and exchange information, collect, compile and prepare work documents, set-up and maintain work files. Physical demands include the ability to stand, bend, reach high and low, stoop, and walk around the classroom 60% of the day. In addition, candidates must be able to lift and/or push and pull 15 to 20lbs. for short periods of time, and walk up and down stairs several times a day. Working Conditions
Majority of work is performed in a general office environment. Position requires availability for extended hours plus non-traditional hours required to perform job duties. Also requires participation and attendance at organization-sponsored events and meetings.
NOTE : The foregoing list of essential duties and responsibilities is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
Acero Schools is committed to a policy of equal treatment for all individuals. Acero Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin. www.aceroschools.org
Job Category: Administrator > Human Resources Contact Information
- Elizabeth Hammel
- 209 W. Jackson Blvd
- Ste 500
- Chicago, Illinois 60606