Conducts strategic outreach to recruit high-quality, diverse, and qualified teacher candidates for the School District of Philadelphia. Cultivates, screens and hires candidates and builds positive relationships with candidates applying for open teacher positions. Builds and manages a strategic recruiting campaign aimed at finding a sufficient volume of diverse, highly qualified teacher candidates for all open roles, and uses data to continuously refine strategies to ensure wide outreach. Expert cultivator and relationship builder who must be able to build positive relationships with a wide variety of people and must expertly navigate the work of getting others to get things done. Essential Functions
- Posts all positions on the District's website and other sites; actively manages the posting and advertising of positions on a variety of job boards, online social networking communities, and sourcing websites such as LinkedIn, Indeed, CareerBuilder, PA Reap, etc.
- Analyzes recruitment data to develop/modify marketing and recruitment strategies; becomes an expert on the designated area of concentration for recruitment.
- Conducts research on prospective talent and meets with candidates to cultivate for all open roles.
- Develops and implements a comprehensive recruitment campaign to develop the widest, most diverse applicant pool for designated teacher certification areas which includes managing university relationships, planning and executing targeted events, attending job fairs, managing referral campaigns, and implementing other innovative strategies to find leads.
- Uses data to reflect on effectiveness of strategies and refines strategies as necessary to meet designated targets.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- Three years of full-time, paid, professional experience in human resources, recruitment or selection which has included developing and implementing strategies to recruit diverse and highly qualified candidates for an organization which uses high volume recruitment.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Demonstrated knowledge of:
- Any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training determined to be acceptable by the Office of Talent.
Demonstrated skill in :
- talent recruitment & selection, particularly in the education and/or non-profit sector.
Demonstrated ability to :
- exceptional customer service orientation and relationship management.
- strong results-orientation.
- develop and maintain positive and productive relationships with functional, academic and administrative leaders.
- exhibit purposeful urgency when faced with pressing human resources needs.
- exhibit high level of integrity and personal responsibility for ensuring that problems are solved and hiring needs are met at any given point in time.
- effectively manage & prioritize a high volume of work, from a multitude of work streams, in a fast-paced environment.
- illustrate exceptional strategic & problem-solving skills and judgment.
- develop appropriate solutions to resolve urgent human resources needs.
- possess an unwavering commitment to equity.
- build and maintain strategic relationships and quickly make connections between people, networks, and organizations.
- influence others to achieve outcomes.
- be a proactive problem solver & innovative thinker, particularly in the face of challenges.
- create and manage systems, processes, and databases to ensure efficient operations.
- exhibit confidence and professional maturity in interacting with a range of stakeholders.
- work with diverse stakeholders.
- communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- use and be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
- establish and maintain effective working relationships.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.?
Job Categories: Administrator > Human Resources
State-level Positions > Analyst
State-level Positions > Specialist Contact Information
- Office of Talent
- 440 N. Broad Street
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19130