At Acero Schools, we are what we believe. Achievement
- We set goals and do what it takes to achieve them. Community
- We contribute to, respect and serve in our communities. Excellence
- We expect our best and strive to make our best even better. Resilience
- We learn and grow through adversity and challenges. Optimism
- We believe in our ability to create the future we envision. Title:
Human Resources Administrator Salary:
Competitive Salary and Benefits Location:
Chicago, IL Reports To:
Deputy Chief of Human Capital How to Apply:
https://platform.teachermatch.org/jobsboard.do?districtId=569404168 Position Overview
Consistent with the strategic priorities of the Acero Schools, the Human Resources Administrator performs HR-related duties on a professional level where customer service is paramount and work is expected to be client-focused. The HR Administrator works closely with the Human Capital leadership team in supporting essential HR core functions. This position is responsible for administering FMLA & leave of absences for the network, assisting with benefits, coordinating HR and payroll functions, working with the HR Coordinator to ensure service levels are met, and will serve as a primary contact to answer HR related questions. The HR Administrator will be a key team player in Acero's Human Capital team whose priority is to provide excellent service to employees. Core Responsibilities
- Administers various human resource plans and procedures for all company personnel.
- Responsible for answering related Collective Bargaining Agreement questions.
- The HR Administrator is the team's payroll liaison to ensure effective workflows between the two departments.
- Answers HR related questions for employees pertaining to HR policies, procedures, and benefits.
- Works closely with the HR Coordinator in ensuring that benefits administration is administered effectively.
- Manages Workers Compensation for the network; works with vendors to ensure levels of service are being met.
- Works in a professional, client-focused manner suitable to be the HR main point of contact for employees at Acero.
- Works closely with the Deputy Chief of Human Capital in evaluating reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Works closely with the Deputy Chief of Human Capital in developing communication materials for employees as needed.
- Maintains accurate and confidential human resources records.
- During the busy hiring season assists the Human Capital Department in conducting new employee orientations and on-boarding to, ensure employees gain an understanding of Acero's vision, benefit plans and culture.
- Maintains human resource information system records and compiles reports from the database.
- Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
- Be a team player and willing to assist team members.
- Other duties as assigned by the department head as needed. Qualifications
- Education: Bachelor's degree in a related field: business, human resources, organizational development
- Three to five years' Human Resource experience that would provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities in qualifying
- Must possess computer skills and the ability to learn HRIS system Paycor System, must be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Strong knowledge and understanding of insurance regulations, plan designs and third party record keeping/administration required
- Familiarity with COBRA, ERISA, FMLA and related state and federal regulations required.
- HR professional that is able to maintain high confidentially, integrity, a high sense of personal and professional ethics and is an excellent team player
- Interpret, apply, and explain policies, procedures, and practices of Acero's human resources and administration
- Review human resources documents for completeness and accuracy
- Administer effective recruitment, testing, and selection and employee benefits administration practices
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive personal information of applicants, employees, former employees, and other matters affecting employee relations
- Excellent written, oral communication, and presentation skills
- Demonstration of sound judgment, time management, and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, high-energy environment with a proven ability to multi-task to complete numerous projects on a variety of timelines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to anticipate problems and utilize data analysis to create innovative solutions
- The employee works effectively and relates well with others, including superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company. The employee exhibits a professional manner in dealing with others and works, to maintain constructive working relationships
- Provide improvement feedback to the Human Capital team on organizational efficiency.
- Prepare clear and concise reports, correspondence, policies, procedures, and other written materials
- Make accurate arithmetic and statistical computations
- Establish and maintain a variety of filing, record keeping, and tracking systems
- Operate modern office equipment including computer equipment and specialized software applications programs
- Relentless pursuit of high expectations and results-oriented approach
- Exhibits attitude of "no-excuses" regarding project completion
- Must hold permanent residency in the United States (required) Physical Demands
The nature of the work requires an ability to operate standard business office equipment, and the ability to communicate and exchange information, collect, compile and prepare work documents, set-up and maintain work files. Physical demands include the ability to stand, bend, reach high and low, stoop, and walk around the classroom 60% of the day. In addition, candidates must be able to lift and/or push and pull 15 to 20lbs for short periods of time, and walk up and down stairs several times a day. Working Conditions
Majority of work is performed in a general office environment. Position requires availability for extended hours plus non-traditional hours required to perform job duties. Also requires participation and attendance at organization-sponsored events and meetings.
NOTE : The foregoing list of essential duties and responsibilities is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
Acero Schools is committed to a policy of equal treatment for all individuals. Acero Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin. www.aceroschools.org
Job Category: Administrator > Human Resources Contact Information
- Elizabeth Hammel
- 209 W. Jackson Blvd
- Ste 500
- Chicago, Illinois 60606