Starting Salary: Elementary: $81,151 Middle/High: $83,232 Principal Certification is required .Job Summary
Ensures the highest academic standards and a safe and secure learning environment for all students. Leads, manages, supervises, and administers all programs, policies and activities of the school. Monitors instruction, ensures implementation of district curriculum and assesses effectiveness of instructional and support personnel. Essential Functions
1. Leads, directs, and manages school operations; recruits, selects, orients, trains, coaches, counsels, and disciplines staff. Plans, monitors, appraises, and reviews staff job contributions to planning, development, delivery, follow-up, and evaluation of school reform initiatives.
2. Sets high expectations and standards for the academic and social development of all students. Utilizes data to monitor student achievement aligned to performance expectations.
3. Participates in the school performance review process to determine causes of low performance and implements appropriate strategies for school improvement.
4. Facilitates professional development of the instructional staff utilizing assessment data and other performance measures. Ensures professional development strategies are aligned and targeted to meet the needs of students in programs.
5. Ensures a safe and secure learning environment through the systematic implementation of Positive Behavior Intervention Supports and other appropriate preventive strategies.
6. Supervises the school's instructional program through the evaluation of lesson planning, systematic monitoring of curriculum and instruction, and targeted feedback aligned with the Florida Education Accomplished Practices (FEAPs).
7. Develops and encourages positive school/community relations with internal and external stakeholders, and serves as liaison between the school, staff, and the community. Actively engages School Advisory Council, PTSA, volunteers, business partners, civic clubs, and parents to create shared ownership for student and school success.
8. Administers managerial functions of the school to include efficient and strategic preparation of the school's budget in alignment with school performance initiatives, maintenance of the school facility, and other operational functions impacting student learning.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.QualificationsEducation:
Master's degree from an accredited college or university.Experience:
Two (2) years of successful administrative school experience as Assistant/Vice Principal. Classroom teaching preferred. Evidence of leadership ability.Certifications & Licenses:
Florida Department of Education Certification as School Principal or Educational Leadership or Administration/Supervision.Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Knowledge of differentiated instruction
• Knowledge of current educational trends and research regarding effective strategies for school programs
• Knowledge of federal and state requirements regarding school programs
• Strong supervisory skills
• Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• Strong word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software skills
• Strong creative problem solving skills
• Strong time management skills
• Ability to perform the duties of school principals as defined by state statutes and district operating procedures
• Ability to frequently work extended hours beyond the regular school day
• Ability to use assessment results data to drive school improvement, instruction, and interventions
• Ability to monitor student outcomes to assess effectiveness of strategic plan implementation
• Ability to prepare and manage the school's budget and allocated resources
• Ability to use technology to effectively communicate and manage tasks
• Ability to read, interpret and enforce the State Board Rules, Code of Ethics, School Board policies and appropriate state evaluation procedures
• Ability to use coaching and evaluation procedures
• Ability to design, plan and organize activities to achieve goals
• Ability to persuade others
• Ability to make or share decisions in a timely manner
• Ability to set high achievement expectations with benchmarks of progress towards goals
• Ability to effectively facilitate meetings
Job Category : Administrator > Principal/Dean/Head of School Contact Information
- Laura Bowes
- 1701 Prudential Dr
- Jcaksonville, Florida 32207