Starting Salary Elementary - $53,581 Middle, K-8, 6-12, & High - $55,682Job Summary
Serves as Assistant Principal of the learning community. Develops, articulates, communicates, and implements a shared vision that is supported by the larger organization and the school community. Essential Functions
1. Monitors the success of all students in the learning environment; aligns the curriculum, instruction, and assessment processes to promote effective student performance; and uses a variety of benchmarks, learning, and expectations feedback measures to ensure accountability for all participants engaged in the educational process.
2. Promotes a positive learning culture; provides an effective instructional program; and applies best practices to student learning, especially in the area of reading and other foundational skills.
3. Leads, directs, and manages operations; recruits, selects, orients, trains, coaches, counsels, and disciplines staff. Plans, monitors, appraises, and reviews staff job contributions to planning, development, delivery, follow-up, and evaluation.
4. Manages the organization, operations, facilities, and resources. Maximizes use of resources in an instructional organization. Promotes a safe, efficient, legal, and effective learning environment.
5. Collaborates with families, businesses, volunteers, and community members; responds to diverse community interests and needs; works effectively within the larger organization; and mobilizes community resources.
6. Collects and analyzes data for continuous school improvement.
7. Plans and implements the integration of technological and electronic tools in teaching, learning, management, research, and communication responsibilities.
8. Requisitions supplies, textbooks, and equipment; conducts inventories, maintains records, and checks on receipts for such material.
9. Prepares and/or supervises the preparation of all required reporting documents, accounting procedures and budgetary expenditures relative to school operations.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.QualificationsEducation:
Master's degree from an accredited college or university.Experience:
Three (3) years of successful teaching experience. Evidence of leadership ability.Certifications & Licenses:
Educational Leadership; Successful completion of the former Administrative Training Program or acceptance into current Assistant Principal Preparation Program and have passing FELE scores.Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of differentiated curriculum
- Knowledge of multiple learning styles / multisensory instruction
- Knowledge of best practices in current educational trends and research
- Knowledge of techniques and organizational skills useful in leading and managing a complex and diverse organization
- Knowledge of methods and principles of personnel evaluation
- Knowledge of budget process and procedures
- Strong supervisory management skills
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software skills
- Strong creative problem solving skills
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to perform the duties of school assistant principals as defined by state statutes and district operating procedures
- Ability to frequently work extended hours beyond the regular school day
- Ability to set annual learning gains, school improvement goals, and instructional improvement targets
- Ability to use a problem-solving model when confronted with unsettled questions or undesirable situations
- Ability to interact effectively with diverse individuals and groups
- Ability to defuse contentious situations
- Ability to use data to assess and monitor school and instructional improvement
- Ability to develop and maintain good communications and public relations between school and community
- Ability to manage the school's budget and allocated resources
- Ability to use diagnostic tools to assess, identify, and apply instructional improvement
- Ability to work with staff to identify strategies for improving student achievement appropriate to the school population
- Ability to interpret federal and state guidelines and how they pertain to the school
- Ability to use financial resources and capital goods and services to support school priorities
- Ability to analyze and use data
- Ability to use technology to support the educational efforts of staff and teachers
- Ability to read, interpret and enforce the State Board Rules, Code of Ethics, School Board policies and appropriate state evaluation procedures
- Ability to use coaching and evaluation procedures
- Ability to enforce collective bargaining agreements
- Ability to design, plan and organize activities to achieve goals
- Ability to persuade others
- Ability to initiate action and take responsibility for leading
- Ability to make or share decisions in a timely manner
- Ability to set high achievement expectations with benchmarks of progress towards goals
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with school personnel, district staff, School Board members, state and federal departments of education, and the public
- Ability to effectively facilitate meetings
(References must be current supervisor and two former supervisors
Job Category : Administrator > Assistant Principal/Dean/Head Contact Information
- Laura Bowes
- 1701 Prudential Dr
- Jcaksonville, Florida 32207