SUMMARY: Assist certified Speech Language Pathologist by implementing treatment/intervention plans, recording students? status, performing various clerical tasks, discussing students? treatment plans, accompanying students from classroom to service area, assessing students and conducting screenings. Participate in educational facility activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Implement documented treatment/intervention plans developed by the Speech Language Pathologist. Accurately collect and record subjective and objective data. Record students? status with regard to established objectives as stated in treatment plan and report information to supervising Speech Language Pathologist.
2. Perform various clerical tasks, including filing, copying and completing Medicaid billing.
3. Discuss students? treatment plans with Speech Language Pathologist.
4. Accompany students from classroom to service area.
5. Assist Speech Language Pathologist in assessment of students and conduct standardized and non-standardized screenings as requested by the Pathologist.
6. Participate in educational facility activities including committees, meetings and conferences as requested by Pathologist.
7. Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
? Bachelor?s degree in speech communications or related field.
? Less than one year of experience.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
? Criminal background check required for hire.
? CDE Speech-Language Pathology Assistant Authorization required.
The salary listed is for full time positions (1.0 FTE). This salary will be adjusted, as needed, based upon the FTE. Administrative employees' salary will be commensurate on the employees' education and/or work experience.
Salary Range: (Level 1) $32,838 - $44,428
All applicants (current district employees and external applicants) should list any and all work experience, including current district experience, when completing the employment application or when including a resume. Since the Human Resource department uses the application and/or resume to screen for minimum qualifications required for each job, it is important to have a complete application so you will be considered for the position you are applying for.
THIS POSTING IS NOT INCLUSIVE OF THE JOB DESCRIPTION.
Job Categories: Instructional Support > Speech/Language Assistant
Special Education > Speech/Language Assistant
Special Education > Speech/Language Pathologist
Student Services > Speech/Language Assistant
Student Services > Speech/Language Pathologist Contact Information
- Nicole Stone
- 1500 E 128TH AVE
- Thornton, Colorado 80241