At Acero Schools, we are what we believe. Achievement
- We set goals and do what it takes to achieve them. Community
- We contribute to, respect and serve in our communities. Excellence
- We expect our best and strive to make our best even better. Resilience
- We learn and grow through adversity and challenges. Optimism
- We believe in our ability to create the future we envision. Position Description
Office Coordinator Salary:
Competitive Salary and Benefits Location:
Chicago, IL Reports To:
Principal and/or Assistant PrincipalHow to Apply: https://platform.teachermatch.org/jobsboard.do?districtId=569404168 Position Overview
The Office Coordinator performs a variety of critical roles and responsibilities in order to maintain office in compliance with Federal, State, and Local regulations. This role is expected to provide high-level service to parents, students, visitors, and employees.
- Promote and maintain a positive and effective school climate by ensuring that all interactions with staff, students, parents, and the public at large are prompt, efficient, helpful, and friendly.
- Establish and maintain a professional, cooperative working relationship with all stakeholders including but not limited to parents, students, staff, and neighbors.
- Provide basic first-aid to students and contact parents as needed.
- Actively participate with any of the school's translation needs.
- Serve as custodian of school office including PowerSchool, CPS IMPACT, etc.
- Ensure proper Acero Schools visitor policy is enforced.
- Organize weekly communication (Friday folders) to parents or legal guardians.
- Ensure and maintain quality of office equipment (copier, fax, etc.)
- Receive, sort, and distribute incoming and outgoing mail, including deliveries.
- Coordinate and supervise parent volunteers.
- Student Attendance: Record and maintain accurate attendance records for all students in dual systems (PowerSchool & CPS IMPACT) and conduct weekly attendance data audits to ensure accuracy.
- OC must be a catalyst to student achievement by emphasizing the importance of attendance to parents or legal guardians.
- Free and Reduced Lunch Program (FRM): Collect & timely process the Federal Free & Reduced Lunch program applications, record in the Online Data Acquisition (ODA) program located in the CPS IMPACT system.
- Medical Records: Collects, processes, and maintains student medical records in compliance with CPS and Acero Schools regulations.
- Ensures that proper authorizations are on file in order for school administrators to properly manage the administration of medication to students.
- Enrollment & Infosnap: Assist in yearly lottery process as well as coordinate the collection of materials of transfer students. Additional responsibilities include the management of student release request/transfer and records request. In addition, maintain communication with families on enrollment waitlist.
- PowerSchool & CPS IMPACT: Record all the required student data into dual systems.
- Emergency Management: Ensure that emergency plans are available at the school and monitor the Acero Schools is in compliance with all required school drills (Fire, Bus, evacuation, Law Enforcement, Allergen, and Shelter-in-Place).
- Properly record and maintain student fees in PowerSchool database; issue receipts for payments; follow Acero Schools policy regarding cash handling.
- Purchasing & Inventory
- Maintain an accurate inventory of office supplies and follow proper purchasing process for replenishment of supplies (including receiving).
- Education: High School Diploma required
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in the field or in a related area
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Must be highly, detailed oriented & accuracy driven
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Spanish
- Excellent interpersonal skill
- Must hold permanent residency in the United States (required)
The nature of the work requires an ability to operate standard business office equipment, and the ability to communicate and exchange information, collect, compile and prepare work documents, set-up and maintain work files. Physical demands include the ability to stand, bend, reach high and low, stoop, and walk around the classroom 60% of the day. In addition, candidates must be able to lift and/or push and pull 15 to 20lbs. for short periods of time, and walk up and down stairs several times a day.Working Conditions
Majority of work is performed in a general office environment. Position requires availability for extended hours plus non-traditional hours required to perform job duties. Also requires participation and attendance at organization-sponsored events and meetings.
NOTE : The foregoing list of essential duties and responsibilities is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
Acero Schools is committed to a policy of equal treatment for all individuals. Acero Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin. www.aceroschools.org
Job Categories: Administrator > Director/Coordinator/Manager
Administrator > Pupil Personnel
Classroom Teacher > Elementary
Classroom Teacher > Middle Grades
Classroom Teacher > Title I
Support Staff > Receptionist
Support Staff > Secretary Contact Information
- Elizabeth Hammel
- 209 W. Jackson Blvd
- Ste 500
- Chicago, Illinois 60606