KIPP Texas Public Schools is a network of 59 public charter, open-enrollment, pre-k-12 schools educating nearly 34,000 students across Austin, Dallas-Ft. Worth, Houston, and San Antonio. Together with families and communities, our mission is to create joyful, academically excellent schools that prepare students with the skills and confidence to pursue the paths they choose -college, career, and beyond-so they can lead fulfilling lives and build a more just world.
Founded in Houston in 1994, and operating as KIPP Texas since 2018, our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and antiracism in our classrooms, in our offices, and in the communities we serve is unwavering. We are looking to hire a diverse team of dynamic, collaborative, and dedicated individuals with an unyielding belief that every child will succeed. Join our Team and Family and champion equity, chase excellence, persist with purpose, bring joy, and help us rise together.
KIPP Texas is part of the national KIPP network of 255 college-preparatory public charter schools in 20 states and the District of Columbia. Nationwide, KIPP students complete four-year college at a rate of 36 percent, comparable to the national average for all students and approximately three times higher than the average of students from low-income communities.
You can see all our job opportunities at https://kipptexas.org/join-our-team/ .Job DescriptionThe Opportunity
Implement district school health programs and provide direct services to meet the needs of the students at their campus and staff under the supervision of the Director of School Health Services.Key Responsibilities
- Provide direct care utilizing school health protocols and care plans established by the student's physician.
- Administer medication to students according to board policy and physician orders.
- Implement mandatory screening programs and complete required reports.
- Contribute to and implement the individualized student health care plans.
- Collaborate with campus principals, school counselors, teachers, parents, food service, and others regarding the health needs of students with health conditions.
- Communicate with parents.
- Participate in Admission, Review, and Dismissal Committee (ARD) meetings of students with identifiable health needs.
- Collaborate with other professionals regarding implementation of health-related Individual Education Plan (IEP) items.
- Educate faculty/staff as needed on health-related topics as directed by the Director of School Health Services.
- Train unlicensed staff on health-related tasks as directed by the School Health Services.
- Maintain accurate student health records (immunizations, medications, state mandated screenings).
- Compile, maintain, and file all physical and computerized reports, records, and documents on all students.
- Comply with policies established by federal and state laws, Texas Department of State Health Services, Texas Education Agency, and KIPP board policy.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Maintain certification in CPR, First Aid, vision and hearing screening.
- Model behavior that is professional, ethical, and responsible.
- Completion/Graduation from accredited RN or LVN program
- Valid Texas license issued by the related Board of Nurse Examiners
- Must have a active RN or LVN license in Texas
- Knowledge of basic first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR /First Aid/Healthcare Provider)
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in keyboarding skills
- Ability to use personal computer and software to enter data and do word processing
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written)
Additional InformationCompensation and Benefits:
- Minimum one-year experience in direct patient care in a hospital or a long care facility.
- Pediatric experience is preferred but not required.
In addition to a competitive salary scale, a part of KIPP Texas' competitive benefits options, KIPP offers all employees an $0 HMO plan for the employee only. In addition to our $0 plan, KIPP provides a $600 employer contribution towards a Health Savings Account and a variety of other supplemental benefits such as Dental, Vision, Short and Long-Term Disability, Pet Insurance, Life, etc.