Education Opens Doors is seeking a Manager of Talent to join our highly motivated and collaborative Dallas-based team. The responsibilities and qualifications for the Manager of Talent position are listed below.
Founded in 2012, Education Opens Doors equips more than 12,000 middle school students every year to uncover the “bigger why” behind school during critical decision-making years. We train middle school teachers with a college and career readiness program to meet a pressing need in our education system: a lack of dedicated time during the school day to provide students with the knowledge and skills to navigate their college and career options - and to have the strong social and emotional skills that are so critical in life. Through EOD, students primarily from low economic backgrounds and communities of color, go from receiving the national average of 38 minutes of college and career counseling over 4 years to 900 minutes in just one year.
Education Opens Doors Core Values
★ Purpose Driven
★ Life-long Learners
The Manager of Talent will join a driven, dynamic, and growing team, who are currently supporting nearly 120 educators and over 12,000 students across Texas with the Education Opens Doors Program. The Manager of Talent is responsible for overseeing organizational culture, talent acquisition, and HR procedures for the organization. This individual is crucial in ensuring Education Opens Doors recruits and onboards its new staff effectively. Additionally, an eye for detail and customer service is necessary in providing the quality HR support to new and existing staff members.
Talent Acquisition & and Onboarding
● Lead full-cycle recruitment including the creation of job descriptions, posting and sourcing candidates, screening candidates, coordinating interviews, executing offers and leading the reference and background check processes.
● Oversee the internal interviewing process for staff applying to open positions.
● Lead succession planning and change management conversations with people managers and the leadership team to proactively identify any shifts in personnel.
● Own onboarding for all new hires including processing on our HR platform and scheduling of new employee training.
HR Policies & Payroll/Benefits Administration
● Review and update any HR policies, including our staff handbook, in collaboration with our HRIS.
● Administer bi-monthly payroll and benefits processing.
● Serve as the point of contact and decision maker for external HR vendors, relationships and consultants.
● Manage employee concerns, complaints and conflict by owning the grievance process and/or mediation to ensure a solution is met.
● Develop, review and approve employee disciplinary or performance improvement actions.
● Research best practices in regards to employee relations to ensure EOD remains up-to-date on relevant trends, providing recommendations for improvement when necessary.
Organizational Culture and Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
● Lead EOD’s internal culture committee that is responsible for staff engagement opportunities, our annual retreat, holiday party, and more.
● Oversee both formal and informal culture monitoring including staff engagement surveys, individual/team check-ins, and attending department meetings quarterly.
● Ensure that new and existing HR policies/procedures are inclusive and encourage a staff sense of belonging.
● Collaborate with the Manager of Learning and Development to develop our diverse staff and ensure DEI initiatives are effectively implemented.
● Commitment to social, economic, and racial justice
● A diverse skill set and is proactive about learning new skills
● Collaboration and a willingness to propose ideas and solutions to challenges based on expertise, debate their merits, and make final recommendations
● Excitement about working in a fast-moving small team environment where each staff person assumes multiple responsibilities while striving to achieve shared goals
● Openness to receiving and giving ongoing feedback and ability to self-reflect
● A positive attitude, passion, sense of humor, open to adventure, fun
● 3+ years in a talent and/or human resources role
● Proficient in applicant tracking or recruiting databases/systems
● Experience working in a non-profit or urban school setting preferred
● Demonstrated success in influencing and motivating adults
● Strong organizational skills, including the ability to manage multiple projects independently
● Ability to produce quality work under tight deadlines with minimal oversight
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills across a variety of mediums
● Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
● Proficiency in the following software: LinkedIn, Applicant Tracking Software, Microsoft
Office Suite, Zoom, Google Drive
Benefits & Salary
Education Opens Doors offers a competitive base salary based on previous experience and opportunity for bonuses throughout the year. The salary range for this position is $62,000.00-$77,000.00. New hires are typically brought into Education Opens Doors somewhere between the beginning and middle of the salary band depending on qualifications, budget, and internal equity. We also offer a competitive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, long-term disability, life insurance, retirement matching, flexplace, professional development stipend, and more. Education Opens Doors offers a generous vacation package and the opportunity to work with a dynamic team of change makers.
Education Opens Doors is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, religion, ancestry, color, race, ethnicity, or creed. LGBTQ+ individuals and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.