is a nonprofit school management organization that is dedicated to creating successful schools through a college prep and character mission. We manage four K-8 elementary schools in Chicago, IL, and Cincinnati, OH, that serve over 1,700 low-income students. Our mission is to provide a high-quality education that will close the opportunity gap and prepare students to and through college. We are accomplishing that mission every day, moving from the bottom 17% of the state to the top 39% for student achievement.
We are seeking a dynamic Middle School Principal (5th - 8th Grades)
for the 2020-2021 school year that will inspire our staff and students to exceptional outcomes, create a strong and joyful school culture through academics and behavioral initiatives, and project urgency about closing the achievement gap. Reporting to the Superintendent, the Middle School Principal, in conjunction with the Director of Operations, is responsible for all aspects of running a school. The principal oversees instruction, curriculum, assessments, culture, and professional development. The principal must be self-reflective, open to feedback, and committed to continuously improving.
- Provide exemplary leadership and support to all staff to achieve outstanding performance in the school's mission of preparing students to and through college.
- Lead teachers in understanding and implementing the school's curriculum.
- Develop the instructional practice and expertise of teachers and future school leaders through frequent observation and feedback and weekly professional development
- Work with teachers to interpret data and create action plans for school improvement.
- Lead teachers in creating coherency in instructional practice/routines within school.
- Working with the Case Manager, ensure that teachers are implementing special education services in accordance with the law.
- Provide and model leadership to all staff, students, and families in establishing a joyful, structured, and achievement-oriented school culture.
- Foster consistency in academic and behavioral expectations in and out of classrooms.
- Create coherency in culture and routines within the school.
- Provide leadership on creating and maintaining a common language and common standards around school culture throughout the school.
- Field all questions and concerns from key stakeholders.
- Engage parents and community partners, and providing proactive support to meet student needs.
- Drive to improve the minds and lives of students in and out of the classroom.
- In collaboration with the Director of Talent, recruit and retain high performing teachers and staff.
- Develop, coach, and manage teacher performance to create a high performing team.
- Hold teachers and school staff accountable for meeting high standards for student academic and behavioral performance.
- In collaboration with instructional leaders and ReGeneration's executive leadership team, design and execute a successful model of professional development for school staff.
- Believes low-income students can become college and career ready.
- Willingness to work long hours to successfully get the job done.
- High expectations for personal and team performance.
- Flexible to changing priorities and conditions.
- Communicates in an inspiring way.
- Organized and able to multi-task to meet deadlines.
- Communicates clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Strong interpersonal skills with students, parents, colleagues, and community members.
- Belief and alignment with ReGeneration's core beliefs and educational philosophy.
- Experience using data to lead others towards the improvement of student outcomes.
- Reflective about personal strengths and weaknesses and able to effectively balance confidence with humility.
- At least 3 years of teaching experience with excellent academic results in an urban district or charter school setting required, and 2 years of leadership/coaching experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree is required.
ReGeneration Schools offers competitive salary based on experience with a generous benefits package. In additional to extensive professional development, all staff are equipped with a laptop, email, and necessary supplies. School leader relocation stipend provided for out-of-state hires.
ReGeneration is committed to building a talented team that reflects diversity in experiences and culture that will enable our scholars to thrive. We also work to ensure an inclusive community by creating a space for important dialogue about issues of race and identity for our staff and students. ReGeneration is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, age or disability.
Job Category: Administrator > Principal/Dean/Head of School Contact Information
- Michelle Kemp
- 1816 W Garfield
- Chicago, Illinois 60609