Reporting directly to the Executive Director, the Impact Director manages and leads Impact Managers and 45 corps members to increase student performance by implementing the Whole School Whole Child (WSWC) intervention model to full fidelity. This person will ensure corps members deliver a quality intervention, sustained delivery of that quality intervention (dosage) and deliver the intervention to the right students (off-track/sliding students). This individual is accountable for the overall management of the day-to-day programmatic operations and achieving service delivery outcomes.
The Impact Director manages a team of Impact Managers, oversees the service model delivery, builds relationships with key stakeholders and helps to develop AmeriCorps members.
Impact Manager Management
- Manage and coach Impact Managers through daily contact, site visits to schools, weekly check-ins, etc.
- Ensure Impact Managers execute to results, meeting all annual impact operating goals, AmeriCorps practitioner standards, achieve service performance requirements, and reach their leadership development potential.
- Guide Impact Managers through goal setting, strategic planning and performance reviews.
- Identify specific professional development opportunities for each Impact Manager.
- Facilitate best practice sharing across Impact Managers and teams.
- Work with Impact Managers to ensure that AmeriCorps members comply with rules and regulations, maintaining a roughly 70% Persistence Rate for AmeriCorps Members.
Service Impact and Evaluation
- Ensure that Impact team is monitoring progress of students and corps members through observations and coaching.
- Work with the Learning and Development and Evaluation team and Impact Managers to gather data from schools.
- Identify, hire, develop and retain a team of high performers. Use City Year (cyready) on-boarding and performance management process to coach team members to meet individual development and performance goals.
- Regularly observe AmeriCorps members in classrooms and out-of-school activities.
- Supports Impact Managers in placing AmeriCorps members with school teams and classroom assignments.
- Assist in managing data systems. Responsible for corps member data collection. Identify areas of improvement for the site.
- Utilize student data to drive continuous improvement in interventions, service, corps member performance, and student outcomes.
- Build and cultivate a strong partnership with school level officials including, principal, liaison, and other key decision makers.
- Work collaboratively to craft and implement solutions that leverage corps member talent and align with City Year WSWC impact goals.
- Lead Impact Managers in creating strong relationships in each school.
AmeriCorps Member Management, Training and Development
- Maintain site’s adherence to AmeriCorps standards and national programmatic baselines.
- Meet as needed with Impact Managers and AmeriCorps members regarding team management, accountability standards and disciplinary action.
- Work with Impact Managers to identify day-to-day support for AmeriCorps members.
- Communicate AmeriCorps member concerns to Managing Director of Impact and Executive Director for tracking and potential performance plans and/or referral.
- Communicate with Impact Managers regarding AmeriCorps members’ development needs.
Organizational Initiatives and Site Support
- Work with Learning and Development Manager to develop robust trainings, organizational initiatives, and site support.
- Participate as a member of the City Year National Network’s Impact Team.
- Ensure that City Year national calendar is adhered to and aligns with local site calendar.
- Participate in monthly national Impact Director team calls.
- Serve as lead on selected network initiatives as needed, including creating baseline trainings, collateral and tools, and/or serving as a leader for special initiatives at Basic Training Academy.
- Attend and help mobilize your team(s) for whole site events like Opening Day, MLK Day, Global Youth Service Day, Graduation, and other site-wide designated events.
At CYLR, all goals are site-wide and in order to reach success, every member of our team has an equitable investment in each goal.
- Fully participate at staff meetings.
- Participate in cross-departmental cooperation and collaboration.
- Being fully present and participatory in meetings, retreats, and gatherings, learning from criticism and growing from others’ success.
Compensation and Benefits
Full time employees are entitled to compensation commensurate with experience. Benefits for full time employees include health insurance with Flexible Spending Account, paid vacation, holidays, parental leave, 401K, and more.
City Year is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse workforce. Individuals from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, including persons with disabilities and veterans.