KIPP Texas Public Schools is a network of 59 public charter, open-enrollment, pre-k-12 schools educating nearly 34,000 students across Austin, Dallas-Ft. Worth, Houston, and San Antonio. Together with families and communities, our mission is to create joyful, academically excellent schools that prepare students with the skills and confidence to pursue the paths they choose -college, career, and beyond-so they can lead fulfilling lives and build a more just world.
Founded in Houston in 1994, and operating as KIPP Texas since 2018, our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and antiracism in our classrooms, in our offices, and in the communities we serve is unwavering. We are looking to hire a diverse team of dynamic, collaborative, and dedicated individuals with an unyielding belief that every child will succeed. Join our Team and Family and champion equity, chase excellence, persist with purpose, bring joy, and help us rise together.
KIPP Texas is part of the national KIPP network of 255 college-preparatory public charter schools in 20 states and the District of Columbia. Nationwide, KIPP students complete four-year college at a rate of 36 percent, comparable to the national average for all students and approximately three times higher than the average of students from low-income communities.
You can see all our job opportunities at https://kipptexas.org/join-our-team/ .Job DescriptionThe Opportunity
The School Operations Team is focused on creating the conditions by which our schools can thrive by designing and leading efficient, safe, joyful, and just systems; working to remove obstacles to learning and find creative solutions to challenges to enable the highest level of teaching and learning; and providing best-in-class customer service to families and staff members to ensure they feel welcomed, cared for and a valued member of our community. The Family Engagement Specialist is a school based position that ensures students and families are positioned to engage in learning on a daily basis. The Family Engagement Specialist will play a major part in building relationships with out families while setting the tone for exceptional customer service. Key ResponsibilitiesPartners with students, staff and parents to ensure students attend school every day
Executes school-based re-enrollment and cultivation plans
- Orients families to attendance expectations for new and existing families
- Makes daily attendance calls to families and documents all attendance changes
- Captures and shares any key information or context shared during calls with families
- Participates in the weekly attendance check-in meetings with school leadership with increasing responsibilities over time
- Partners with families and students when additional attendance supports are needed
Ensures clear and effective communications with all community members and stakeholders
- Support families through the re-enrollment process
- Complete application verification calls and updates application system as needed
- Assist with planning of school events and activities
- Partners with other schools to support families through school transitions
- Review and submit student attrition data reports, identify trends and work with the school leadership team to improve student attrition rates
Monitors and reviews with Assistant Principal of Operations, parent and student feedback, particularly as it relates to non-instructional services and supportQualifications
- Implement and lead parent involvement programs, ensuring engagement from families
- Manage the translation of family communications and parent meetings
- Capture pictures and videos for the school events and manage school communication platforms.
- Ensures all parent facing materials are readily available
- Schedules parent meetings with appropriate team members
- Build relationships with community partners in order to build brand awareness
Additional InformationCompensation and Benefits:
- Unwavering commitment to the KIPP Texas mission, core values and willingness to go above and beyond to meet the needs of KIPP Texas students, families, and staff
- Bilingual; English & Spanish required
- Sense of humility, customer service mindset, and shows urgency and the ability to proactively solve problems and make decisions quickly
- Strong communication and time management skills; ability to effectively backwards plan, juggle multiple priorities with great attention to detail, and deliver consistent and timely results
- Team player with strong interpersonal and stakeholder management and relationship building skills
- Ability to be calm under pressure, especially in difficult conversations with parents and staff
- Desire to continuously learn and evolve as a professional
In addition to a competitive salary scale, a part of KIPP Texas' competitive benefits options, KIPP offers all employees an $0 HMO plan for the employee only. In addition to our $0 plan, KIPP provides a $600 employer contribution towards a Health Savings Account and a variety of other supplemental benefits such as Dental, Vision, Short and Long-Term Disability, Pet Insurance, Life, etc.