MISSION: Participate as a member of the team managing the Permanent School Fund assets in a sound and prudent manner for the benefit of all Texans.
On or after January 1, 2023, all Permanent School Fund positions will transfer from the Texas Education Agency to the Texas PSF Corporation, a recently formed special-purpose governmental corporation. All staff benefits, including insurance and retirement, will remain with the Texas Employees Retirement System. All PSF staff participate in a performance incentive plan.
POSITION OVERVIEW: The Texas PSF Corporation (Corporation) is seeking a talented individual to join a team of professionals at the Texas Permanent School Fund Corporation in managing a $55 billion perpetual public fund endowment that helps finance the state’s public schools.
This position reports to the Director of Human Relations and performs highly complex (senior-level) human resources management work. Work involves coordinating and administering one or more human resources management programs and ensuring compliance with state and federal laws and regulations. Programs may include timekeeping, benefits, employee relations, recruitment and selection, compensation, preparation and updating of employment records. May serve as a lead worker providing direction to others.
Works under limited supervision, with moderate latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. May be required to work in excess of 40 hours per workweek and travel occasionally.
A successful employee must be honest and ethical in all work, recognize the requirements of confidentiality, and be intellectually curious about business internal controls and best practices in the financial industry.
Please note that a resume, tailored cover letter, and short answer responses are required attachments for applying to this position. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Additionally, applicants who are strongly being considered for employment must submit to a national criminal history background check.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
- Implements and administers human resources programs such as benefits, workers’ compensation, or time and leave accounting, employee relations, recruitment, and selection
- Provides guidance and legally sound human resources management recommendations to all levels of the organization
- Administers and oversees all special leave, including FMLA and ADA, Workers’ Compensation, and Sick Leave Pool
- Trains supervisors and timekeepers in in all special leave
- Prepares and maintains various human resources correspondence and reports
- Provides advice and assistance on benefits and leave provisions, including oversight of Open Enrollment
- Attends Benefits Review Conferences
- Assists in planning, developing, revising, and implementing human resources policies, procedures, and forms
- Completes special projects and other related duties as assigned by the Managing Director of Administration
- Other duties as assigned
Education: Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university.
Experience: Minimum of four (4) years of full-time wage-earning human resources experience or combined experience in human resources management.
- Prefer experience with a State of Texas or higher education agency to include Centralized Accounting and Payroll/Personnel (CAPPS) Time and Labor module.
- Problem resolution and ability to identify and implement best practices.
- Understanding of the principles and practices of human resources management; human resources programs such as employment, compensation, classification, employee relations, benefits, workers’ compensation, or organizational development; and federal, state, and local laws and regulations governing personnel activities.
- Ability to work on concurrent tasks in a demanding environment while effectively organizing, prioritizing, and coordinating work assignments.
- Communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing, including writing management reports.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, management, and staff at all levels; work effectively both independently and as part of a team; exercise sound judgment and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Willingness and ability to work occasional overtime and/or a flexible schedule as needed to meet required deadlines.
- Flexible, organized, and able to manage multiple and shifting priorities while ensuring diligence; uses sound, independent judgment to make decisions.
- Capability to explain policies and procedures to staff and the public; to maintain confidential and sensitive information; to develop and analyze human resources processes; to establish and maintain effective working relationships with applicants, employees, and the general public.
- Maintains effective and professional relationships with a diverse group of internal and external staff.
- Exhibits a strong work ethic, is dependable, and works effectively and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Possesses a desire to self-reflect, give/receive feedback and continuously improve.
- SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, PHR, or SPHR certification is a plus.