KIPP Texas Public Schools is a network of 59 public charter, open-enrollment, pre-k-12 schools educating nearly 34,000 students across Austin, Dallas-Ft. Worth, Houston, and San Antonio. Together with families and communities, our mission is to create joyful, academically excellent schools that prepare students with the skills and confidence to pursue the paths they choose -college, career, and beyond-so they can lead fulfilling lives and build a more just world.
Founded in Houston in 1994, and operating as KIPP Texas since 2018, our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and antiracism in our classrooms, in our offices, and in the communities we serve is unwavering. We are looking to hire a diverse team of dynamic, collaborative, and dedicated individuals with an unyielding belief that every child will succeed. Join our Team and Family and champion equity, chase excellence, persist with purpose, bring joy, and help us rise together.
KIPP Texas is part of the national KIPP network of 255 college-preparatory public charter schools in 20 states and the District of Columbia. Nationwide, KIPP students complete four-year college at a rate of 36 percent, comparable to the national average for all students and approximately three times higher than the average of students from low-income communities.
You can see all our job opportunities at https://kipptexas.org/join-our-team/ .Job DescriptionThe Opportunity
The School Operations Team is focused on creating the conditions by which our schools can thrive by designing and leading efficient, safe, joyful, and just systems; working to remove obstacles to learning and find creative solutions to challenges to enable the highest level of teaching and learning; and providing best-in-class customer service to families and staff members to ensure they feel welcomed, cared for and a valued member of our community. The Receptionist is a campus based position that plays a vital role in ensuring clear and effective communications with all community members and stakeholders. The receptionist is responsible for delivering superior customer service to parents, families, and students by warmly greeting all visitors and directing them to the appropriate place or person. Key Responsibilities
- Serves as the primary point of contact for all inquiries including managing phone calls, messages, and in-person visitors
- Greets and documents all visitors using the verification process and ensures all guest have a visitor's badge and are directed to their destination
- Signs students in and out, keeping a detailed log
- Manages the package and mail pick up and delivery system
- Maintains the general office filing system
- Creates and maintains a welcoming environment in the reception area
- Supports school events and activities as needed
Additional InformationCompensation and Benefits
- Unwavering commitment to the KIPP Texas mission, core values and willingness to go above and beyond to meet the needs of KIPP Texas students, families, and staff
- Bilingual; English & Spanish required
- Sense of humility, customer service mindset, and shows urgency and the ability to proactively solve problems and make decisions quickly
- Ability to communicate effectively with others; strong interpersonal skills with students, parents, colleagues and community members
- Demonstrated flexibility, maturity and ability to juggle competing priorities
- Desire to continuously learn and increase effectiveness as a professional
As a full time KIPP Texas employee you are eligible to participate in all KIPP Texas' benefit plans. KIPP Texas offers a robust variety of benefits choices, including medical, dental, and vision options, as well as life insurance, fertility, and disability plans starting as low as $25/month.
KIPP provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees.
As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.