Maricopa Unified School District #20
44150 W. Maricopa/Casa Grande Ave
Maricopa, Arizona 85138
520.568.5100 - main number
520.568.5151 - fax numberPosition TITLE: Food Service SubstituteCLASSIFICATION: Non-ExemptGENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
To assist in preparing and serving food to students and faculty and perform cashier duties including maintaining meal count records.PRINCIPAL DUTIES: (essential functions)
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Prepares food including breakfast and/or lunch entrees and salad bar items.
- Uses large-scale foodservice equipment such as steamer, skillet, oven, mixer, slicer and food processor.
- Serves food according to designated serving sizes and appropriate health code requirements.
- Cleans and sanitizes dishware, pots, pans, utensils and equipment.
- Maintains a clean and safe environment by emptying trash receptacles, sanitizing tables and other surfaces, and disposing of outdated food.
- May serve as cashier in the lunchroom.
- Determines quantities of food to prepare
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge of principles and practices of safe food handling.
Knowledge of menus, recipes and food preparation techniques.
Knowledge of safe work practices.
Knowledge of basic math calculations.
Skill in preparing food by following directions or recipes.
Skill in following oral or written instructions.
Skill in operating kitchen appliances and equipment.
Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with other employees.
Skills in mathematical calculating and money handling practices.PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
: Able to perform the following physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodation: critical sensory requirements include general vision, corrected to 20/20, hear or listen in the normal range (corrected) and speak and give directions clearly. Able to walk, stand, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, lift (exerting force up to 50 pounds), carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. May be subject to extreme temperatures.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
High School Diploma or GED. Previous food service experience and or food service education required.REQUIRED LICENSE/CERTIFICATION:
Pinal County Food Handling Certificate.
Job Categories: Instructional Support > Substitute
Support Staff > Food Service Contact Information
- Thomas Beckett
- 44150 West Maricopa/Casa Grande Highway
- Maricopa, Arizona 85138