Positions have been declared open in the Weber School District in Transportation for Substitute Bus Drivers. These positions are for 4.75 hours per day, 9 months per year (on-call). Weber District employees may send a resume to Kristen Kearl. Applicants outside the District may apply on wsd.tedk12.com/hire. Files will be reviewed before interviews are scheduled.
The job of Bus Driver was established for the purpose/s of transporting students over scheduled routes and/or to/from special excursions; ensuring vehicle is in safe operating condition; and ensuring safety of students during transport, loading, unloading from buses and any emergency evacuation.
• Advises students, special education students and other passengers of behavior requirements for the purpose of enforcing rules and regulations and maintaining safety.
• Assesses incidents, complaints, accidents and/or potential emergency situations for the purpose of resolving or recommending a resolution to the situation.
• Assists students and other passengers for the purpose of providing safe ingress and egress from buses including both emergency situations (including bus evacuations) and normal transport.
• Attends safety meetings, in-service training, etc. for the purpose of maintaining knowledge of and ability to adhere to laws and regulations relating to driving a school bus and meeting State Department of Transportation standards and guidelines of school bus driver.
• Cleans assigned vehicles, both interior and exterior (e.g. windows, mirrors, sets, floors, ceilings, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining appearance, sanitation and safety of vehicle.
• Climbs And Descends 3 Times Within 30 Seconds bus stairs for the purpose of safely operating the bus and evacuating students .
• Drags A 125 Pound Object On The Ground 50 Feet Within 30 Seconds for the purpose of assisting a student in an emergency.
• Drives schools' buses for the purpose of transporting students, special education students and faculty over scheduled routes and to/from school and/or field trips in a safe and timely manner.
• Fuels assigned vehicles for the purpose of maintaining vehicle in a safe operating condition.
• Informs school personnel, parents, etc. of practices and incidents (e.g. rules, regulations, laws, procedures, etc.) for the purpose of providing information for follow-up action and/or proper procedures.
• Inspects assigned vehicles (e.g. pre-trip/post check list, brake system, oil levels, coolant levels, the pressure, fuel, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring that the vehicle is in a safe operating condition and meeting state requirements.
• Kneels Down For 10 Seconds, Turns Head To Look Under A The Bus And Returns To A Standing Position Within 5 Seconds (This Must Be Performed Twice Within 60 Seconds.) for the purpose of safely operating a bus.
• Moves Right Foot Back And Forth Between Throttle And Brake 5 Times Within 10 Seconds While Sitting And Looking Forward for the purpose of safely operating the bus.
• Opens And Closes The Bus Door, Activates The 4 Way Hazard Lights And Activates The Right / Left Turn Signals Within 15 Seconds While Sitting And Looking Forward for the purpose of safely operating the bus.
• Picks Up And Carries A 50 Pound Object 35 Feet Within 20 Seconds From Bus Seat (16 Inches) for the purpose of assisting a student in a possible emergency.
• Prepares documentation (e.g. incident reports, daily pre-trip inspections report, student count, passenger misconduct, daily mileage, etc.) for the purpose of providing written support and/or conveying information for safety of students, audit trail, time worked and equipment maintenance.
• Supervises students, bus aides, parents and/or teachers during transit for the purpose of maintaining safety.
• Assists other personnel as may be required for the purpose of supporting them in the completion of their work activities.
Job Requirements: Minimum Qualifications
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
Specific skill-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: adhering to safety practices; administering first aid; operating district vehicles used in transporting students; operating fire extinguisher, two-way communication radio, etc.; and preparing and maintaining accurate records.
Specific knowledge-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: safety practices and procedures; State Motor Vehicle Code and Education Code sections applicable to student transportation; city streets and locations; basic preventive maintenance of District vehicles; emergency evacuation techniques for regular and special education students including medically fragile; and CPR and basic first aid.
Specific ability-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: communicating with diverse groups; adapting to changing work priorities; meeting deadlines and schedules; working as part of a team; and setting priorities.
Responsibilities include: working under direct supervision using standardized routines; leading, guiding, and/or coordinating others; and operating within a defined budget. Utilization of some resources from other work units may be required to perform the job's functions. There is a continual opportunity to significantly impact the organization's services.
The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: significant lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; some climbing and balancing; frequent stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally the job requires 80% sitting, 10% walking, and 10% standing. The job is performed under some temperature extremes and under conditions with some exposure to risk of injury and/or illness.
Experience Job related experience is desired.
Education High School diploma or equivalent.
Required Testing Certificates & Licenses
Pre-employment Medical Examination Commercial Driver's License with P Endorsement School Bus Driver's Certificate
Air brake Certificate
CPR/First Aid Certificate
Continuing Educ, / Training Clearances
Maintain License/Certification Criminal Justice/Fingerprint Clearance Drug Screening
Job Categories : Instructional Support > Substitute
Support Staff > Custodian
Support Staff > Maintenance
Support Staff > Transportation Equal Opportunity Employer
0 Contact Information
- Larry Hadley
- 5320 Adams Ave Pkwy
- Ogden, Utah 84405