A position has been declared open in the Weber School District in Transportation for a Sub Bus Aide. This position is for Up to 5 hours per day, 9 months per year. Weber District employees may contact the Transportation Department directly. Applicants outside the District may apply on wsd.tedk12.com/hire. Files will be reviewed before interviews are scheduled.
THIS POSITION WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED, AFTER A MINIMUM OF 3 WORKING DAYS.
The job of Bus Aide was established for the purpose/s of assisting students while they are being transported to and from school; and providing assistance with students' health care.
• Assesses potential emergency situations for the purpose of taking appropriate action to protect the well being of passengers.
• Assists special education students (e.g. calming them down, watching for signs of seizures, cleaning students, redressing students, tying shoes, etc.) for the purpose of providing for special needs during transport, safe loading and unloading from buses including both emergency situations and normal transport.
• Climbs And Descends Bus Stairs 3 Times In 30 Seconds for the purpose of assisting students.
• Drags A 125 Pound Object On The Ground 50 Feet Within 30 Seconds for the purpose of assisting a student in a possible emergency.
• Instructs special education students and/or other passengers for the purpose of enforcing rules and regulations and maintaining safety.
• Kneels Down And Properly Secures A Wheel Chair To The Schoo Bus, Then Returns To A Standing Position Within 60 Seconds for the purpose of assisting students.
• Monitors students (e.g. unruly, disruptive, spitting, hitting, abusive language, seizures, etc.) for the purpose of preventing distraction to the driver or injury to themselves or others.
• Picks Up And Carries A 50 Pound Object 35 Feet Within 20 Seconds From Seat Height (16 Inches) for the purpose of assisting students.
• Reports observations and incidents (e.g. discipline, accidents, inappropriate social behavior, etc.) for the purpose of communicating information to appropriate personnel.
• Secures students and/or equipment with restraints, tie downs (e.g. wheelchairs, seat belts, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the safety and welfare of students.
• Assists other personnel as may be required for the purpose of supporting them in the completion of their work activities.
ABILITY Specific ability-based competencies-required-to-satisfactorily-perform-the-functions-of-the-job-include:-communicating-with-diverse-groups; maintaining confidentiality; working as part of a team; and working with constant interruptions.
Responsibilities include: working under direct supervision using standardized routines; providing information and/or advising others; and operating within a defined budget. There is a continual opportunity to have some impact on the organization's services.
The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: significant lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; frequent climbing and balancing; frequent stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally the job requires 5% sitting, 75% walking, and 20% standing. The job is performed under minimal temperature variations and under conditions with some exposure to risk of injury and/or illness.
Experience Job related experience is desired.
Education, High School diploma or equivalent.
Physical Performance Assessment
Criminal Justice/Fingerprint Clearance
WEBER SCHOOL DISTRICT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Job Categories : Instructional Support > Paraprofessional / IA
Support Staff > Custodian
Support Staff > Maintenance
Support Staff > Supervisory Aide
Support Staff > Transportation Equal Opportunity Employer
0 Contact Information
- Larry Hadley
- 5320 Adams Ave Pkwy
- Ogden, Utah 84405