Jul 01, 2020
Loudoun County Public Schools
Leesburg, VA, USA
An employee in this position is responsible for maintaining a parts storeroom, as well as ordering equipment, parts, and materials to support maintenance and repair work within the Central Garage. The Specialist ensures parts inventories are maintained at the optimum level for cost-effective operation to meet maintenance needs.
The following information is intended to describe the overall nature and scope of the work being performed in relation to the position. This is not a comprehensive listing of all responsibilities or tasks; other work may be assigned when deemed appropriate:
• Orders equipment and parts required by mechanics to complete maintenance and repair work. Develops and maintains inventory stocking and reorder system for standard maintenance department shop parts.
• Receives, unloads, and verifies delivery tickets for parts received from vendors.
• Issues parts from shop stock and delivers parts to job sites.
• Operates a fork lift to aid in the loading, unloading, and delivery of parts.
• Maintains an organized and orderly warehouse, keeps records of parts ordered and issued, completes computer records of parts used on a work request.
• Contacts vendors for price quotes, availability of parts, and substitutions for out of production parts.
• Coordinates the ordering of parts with supervisor and tradesmen when substitutions must be made.
• Assists the Parts Supervisor in performing cyclic inventories and assumes Parts Supervisor responsibilities as needed.
Below are the qualifications for this position:
• High School Diploma or GED required
• Two years of experience in record-keeping, inventory control or related area
• Ability to perform stockroom duties efficiently; to learn the types and categories of parts and supplies used in facilities maintenance work; to follow oral and written instructions; to communicate effectively; to work cooperatively with others.
The following provides a brief description of physical requirements for this position:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly talking, expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. The employee must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly. The employee must possess normal cognitive abilities including the ability to learn, recall and apply certain practices and policies. Frequently sitting and/or remaining in a stationary position for long periods of time. The employee is also frequently required to use their hands to feel and handle objects or tools, as well as reach with their hands and arms. The employee must be able to exert up to 50 pounds of force individually, and occasionally lift up to 80 pounds. The employee must also be able, using negligible amounts of force, to frequently or constantly lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Hazards include potential exposure to battery acid, electric shock, and flammable liquids such as gasoline, diesel fuel, and cleaning fluids.
Classified Salary Scale , Level 11
Position is 8 hours per day.
The Loudoun County School Board is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and to the provision of equity in its educational programs, services and activities for all students and employees.
Loudoun County Public Schools (LCPS) does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, sex, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, marital status, age, religion, national origin, disability, or genetic information in employment or in its programs and activities. LCPS provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups.
The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies:
Assistant Superintendent for Department of Human Resources and Talent Development
Loudoun County Public Schools
21000 Education Court
Ashburn, VA 20148
How To Apply
To submit an application online, please select • Apply Now•
To be considered for the vacancy, please complete ALL sections of the application. A resume will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Please be sure to upload the following:
• Three (3) current professional references (Name, phone number, email address). At least one reference should be a current supervisor or most recent supervisor.