Jul 01, 2020
Loudoun County Public Schools
Leesburg, VA, USA
The Digital Experience Specialist maintains a complex technology environment and ensures all technology elements are operating effectively so that students, teachers, and staff can remain focused on student learning. This position provides exceptional client experiences, maximizes technology uptime, and serves as a technology advocate for their assigned school or administration building.
The following information is intended to describe the overall nature and scope of the work being performed in relation to the position. This is not a comprehensive listing of all responsibilities or tasks; other work may be assigned when deemed appropriate:
• Consults with staff to maintain all technology elements within the assigned location.
• Collaborates with school or departmental staff for technology purchases and the effective allocation of technology resources.
• Communicates with staff regarding system changes, ongoing issues, and upcoming projects.
• Serves as assigned owner of all incidents reported by staff and students, and ensures resolution in a timely and effective manner.
• Deploys, installs, troubleshoots, repairs, and maintains all technology equipment and peripherals within the assigned location.
• Maintains accurate inventory of technology equipment assigned to assigned to buildings, students, and staff.
• Performs system administration work to include user account management and installation of district approved software.
• Implements emerging technologies, monitors progress, and reports findings to departmental leadership.
• Develops and maintains knowledge articles and related technical documentation for students and staff.
• Associates degree or two years of equivalent experience in an Information Technology field
• Demonstrates ability to take initiative and to handle new duties with limited direction; determines and set work priorities; maintains confidentiality; works independently; responds calmly and efficiently when under pressure and/or frequent interruptions; collaborates effectively with many different audiences
• Strong oral and written communication skills; strong interpersonal skills; Ability to determine and set work priorities, maintain confidentiality, work independently, and work effectively during periods of heavy workloads and tight deadlines
• MCP or MCSA, ITILv3, HDI, A+, N+ certifications preferred
Classified Salary Scale , Level 13
This is an Non-Exempt position.
Reports to: Coordinator, Digital Experience
The Loudoun County School Board is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and to the provision of equity in its educational programs, services and activities for all students and employees.
Loudoun County Public Schools (LCPS) does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, sex, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, marital status, age, religion, national origin, disability, or genetic information in employment or in its programs and activities. LCPS provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups.
The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies:
Assistant Superintendent for Department of Human Resources and Talent Development
Loudoun County Public Schools
21000 Education Court
Ashburn, VA 20148
How To Apply
To submit an application online, please select • Apply Now•
To be considered for the vacancy, please complete ALL sections of the application. A resume will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Please be sure to upload the following:
• Three (3) current professional references (Name, phone number, email address). At least one reference should be a current supervisor or most recent supervisor.