Jul 01, 2020
Loudoun County Public Schools
Ashburn, VA, USA
Product and Program Management
The Program Lead serves as the division• s content area expert and acts as a liaison between program area teachers and the Office of Career and Technical Education. The Program Lead assists the Office of CTE with communication specific to the CTE program, support for new and developing CTE teachers in the program area, and professional development planning and implementation based on program area needs. The Program Lead also maintains and updates curriculum and instructional resources, including organizing and monitoring teacher curriculum committees, in collaboration with the Office of CTE.
• Communicate with CTE teachers, middle school team leads, and high school department chairs on behalf of the Office of CTE to share local and state curriculum updates as appropriate; follow up with teachers regarding instructional expectations and inform teachers and teacher leaders of progress toward meeting expectations
• Review and updates instructional resources, including division-wide scope and sequence documents and shared drives, for teachers and administrators; provide guidance for instructional learning strategies and activities appropriate for the program area and grade level, evaluate work-based learning opportunities aligned with program area courses, and provide training and support to teachers to maximize student achievement and utilize a variety of instructional materials and technologies to enhance active learning
• Review relevant credential testing and industry certification opportunities and guidelines for students and teachers; recommend changes to credential testing alignment for CTE courses, maintain assessment and evaluation documentation for institutional reporting purposes, and communicate assessment changes to stakeholders as needed
• Plan and implement professional development training for program area teachers and school-based administrators; continually assesses secondary teachers• training needs, recommends professional development opportunities to the Office of CTE, coordinates and / or presents professional development training, monitors and evaluates implementation for training initiatives within the program area
• Collaborate with district and regional co-curricular career and technical student organization (CTSO) directors to communicate competitive events and field trip opportunities to students and teachers across the division
• Provide support for new teachers in collaboration with the teacher• s assigned mentor and school-based department chair or team lead, which may include occasional travel for on-site visits to instructional spaces (classrooms or laboratories)
• Coordinate instructional activities and meetings with other professional staff, both school and non-school-based, across the division, as required, to maximize learning opportunities for students
• Participate in in-service and professional development activities and staff meetings , as required or assigned by the Office of Career and Technical Education
• Remain up-to-date with current changes and trends, including school board policy and state legislation, that impact instruction in the respective CTE program area
Must have Virginia licensure with endorsement(s) in the CTE program area.
In-depth knowledge of program area content, curriculum, instructional methods, instructional resources, and specialty equipment specific to the program area classroom or learning laboratory; knowledge of pre-adolescent and adolescent growth and development; knowledge of Loudoun County Public Schools (LCPS) curriculum related to assignments and School Division mission, goals, and organization; ability to apply knowledge of current research and theory to instructional programs; skill in the use of multi-media and computer technology to enhance learning; ability to plan and implement lessons based on Division and school objectives and the needs and abilities of students to whom assigned; ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with students, peers, administrators, and parents; skill in oral and written communications; excellent human relations skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee
to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, drive and walk;
use hands to finger, handle or feel objects or tools; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is
regularly required to see, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch
or bend and may be required to lift up to approximately 40 pounds.
Salary: Band 10 ($27.50 per Hour)
This is a part-time, non-benefited, hourly position. No guarantee of minimum hours.
Reports to Supervisor of Career and Technical Education in Career and Technical Education.
This is a Non-Exempt position.
The Loudoun County School Board is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and to the provision of equity in its educational programs, services and activities for all students and employees.
Loudoun County Public Schools (LCPS) does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, sex, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, marital status, age, religion, national origin, disability, or genetic information in employment or in its programs and activities. LCPS provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups.
The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies:
Assistant Superintendent for Department of Human Resources and Talent Development
Loudoun County Public Schools
21000 Education Court
Ashburn, VA 20148
How To Apply
To submit an application online, please select • Apply Now•
To be considered for the vacancy, please complete ALL sections of the application. A resume will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Please be sure to upload the following:
• Three (3) current professional references (Name, phone number, email address). At least one reference should be a current supervisor or most recent supervisor.