$100 per dayLOCATION:
District (Schools assignments vary as needed) IMPORTANT NOTE:
Start or end dates subject to change with short notice. This is a temporary assignment, applicant hired will have the opportunities to remain on the Seekonk Public Schools' daily substitute list for future or long term assignments in the district. No guarantee of continued employment. REPORTS TO:
Building PrincipalREQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
To be considered qualified for this position, candidates must minimally have the following :
Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited college or university.
2. Must be a person of professional and personal integrity.
3. A high degree of patience and tact in dealing with the general public, parents, teachers, administrators, prospective teachers and other personnel.
4. Ability to understand and follow oral and written directions. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preferred Massachusetts DESE teacher license.
2. Good health - willing to submit to medical examination. RESPONSIBILITIES & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS which include but are not limited to:
NOTE: The responsibilities and duties listed below are illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them for the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
1. Substitute teachers assume the responsibilities for instructing classes when a teacher is absent.
2. Maintain appropriate records including attendance.
3. Fulfill necessary clerical work required to maintain student records for a teacher who is absent.
4. Implement substitute lesson plans for absent teacher based on the lesson plans outlined by the full-time teacher or at times may be required to create lesson plans that meet the learning objective of the class.
5. Review homework and classwork and be able to correct student errors and/or provide feedback.
6. Maintain proper classroom management.
7. Provide guidance to students where applicable.
8. Follow all policies, rules, and procedures to which regular teachers are subject and which good teaching practice dictates.
9. Oversee pupil behavior in class and surrounding areas and maintain normal classroom routines and discipline within the classroom.
10. Maintain appropriate boundaries with students, staff and parents
11. Adheres to the adopted policies of the Seekonk School Committee.
Job Category: Instructional Support > Substitute Equal Opportunity Employer
Seekonk Public Schools is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation. Contact Information
- Bridget McNamara, Administrative Assistant to Superintendent
- 25 Water Lane
- Seekonk, Massachusetts 02771