Dorchester County Public Schools
is currently accepting applications for potential Principal
openings that may
become available for the 2020 - 2021 school year at all levels. The successful candidate will demonstrate principled leadership and decision making while assuming this leadership role. DUTIES: The following are examples of the typical duties performed:
- Demonstrates principled leadership and decision making;
- Assumes a leadership role in the school that reflects the skills outlined in the Professional Standards for Educational Leaders;
- Exercises initiative in curriculum development and planning of professional development programs within the school;
- Prepares the annual budget request for the school;
- Ensures that effective human relations are developed and practiced;
- Renders technical support and/or administrative assistance to other administrators;
- Assures adherence to Board policies and establishes procedures as necessary;
- Supervises and evaluates assigned professional, paraprofessional, administrative and classified personnel; makes recommendations for improvement including the preparation, implementation, and monitoring of professional assistance plans;
- Assumes responsibility for collaborating with other administration and staff in writing, implementing and monitoring the School Improvement Plan;
- Encourages students to make appropriate decisions in a proactive manner;
- Maintains high standards of student conduct and enforces discipline to promote an orderly learning environment, respecting the due process rights of students;
- Acts as a liaison between the school and the community, interpreting policies of the school and encouraging community participation in school life;
- Conducts meetings of the staff to support the proper functions of the school;
- Responsible for the proper care and maintenance of the school's physical facility.
- Participates in the hiring procedures for certificated and non-certificated staff;
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Superintendent and/or Director(s).
- Eligible for and hold, prior to appointment, the Maryland State Department of Education Certification for Administrator II;
- Three (3) years of successful school-based administrative experience;
- Five (5) years of successful teaching experience;
- Ability to develop effective work teams;
- Extensive knowledge of school organization and administration with special emphasis on teaching techniques, supervision, and curriculum development;
- Familiarity with the outcomes and indicators of the Professional Standards for Educational Leaders, Every Student Succeeds Act, and other federal and state initiatives;
- Skill in the development of effective work teams;
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff, students, and their families;
- Ability to form and maintain effective relationships with staff, students, and their families;
- Skill in data analysis, including instructional and behavioral issues.
The current minimum salary is $82,434 (Elementary Principal), $83,868 (Middle School Principal), $85,301 (High School Principal) based on the Memorandum of Understanding Between The Board of Education of Dorchester County and Dorchester County Administrators' and Supervisors'. Principals receive an additional $85 for each FTE staff-based on the budget as approved by the Board of Education for the fiscal year and as indicated on the approved staffing for the school from the Finance Department as an add-on to their base salary. This is a twelve (12) month, benefited position.
Job Category: Administrator > Principal/Dean/Head of School Welcome to Dorchester County Public Schools!
Apply online: https://dcps.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx Dorchester County, Maryland, is the Eastern Shore's largest county with 593 square miles of land and 108 square miles of water located on the shores of the Chesapeake Bay. While the county is home to more than 750 businesses, it is also rich in recreational facilities and natural resources. The Dorchester County Public School system provides the educational foundation for the county's children. Highlights of the DCPS System are: There are 12 schools: two high schools, a career and technology center, two middle schools, six elementary schools and a pre-kindergarten through 8th grade school. There are approximately 5000 students in the district. High schools offer a full College preparatory curriculum as well as options in occupational skills. The Dorchester Career and Technology Center receives students from both high schools and offers programs in Culinary Arts , Masonry, Carpentry, Electricity, HVAC, Collision Repair and Refinishing, Welding, Agriculture, Medium and Heavy Truck, Auto Technology, Cosmetology, Homeland Security, Cisco Academy, Interactive Media Production, Teacher Academy and Medical Services. IBM-compatible computers are used throughout the system in individual classrooms as well as strategically placed computer labs. There are courses in Technology Simulations, Keyboarding, Computer Applications, and Computerized Accounting. Every classroom has access to the Microsoft Office Products as well as to the Internet. The Dual Enrollment Program with Chesapeake College and University of Maryland Eastern Shore offers the opportunity for the students who wish to get started on their college credits. Family Support Services Resource Center for Families and Schools is designed to support children with disabilities from birth to 21. The center provides the skills and knowledge to enable families and children to understand the Special Education process. Learn more about us... Equal Opportunity Employer
0 Contact Information
- Jeff Grafton, Human Resources Administrator
- 700 Glasgow Street
- Cambridge, Maryland 21613
- Phone: (410) 228-4747
- Fax: 410-221-5269
- Email: click here